Friday, June 18, 2010

That's What I Get for Googling...

I would like to start this post by sharing pictures that having nothing to do with this post. If it were a separate post I would call it "Friday Night Without Lights". Which, technically wouldn't be true. We lost power earlier, but it eventually came back on. Unfortunately the cable and internet were slower in their return. Thought I would show what goes down in this house on a Friday night with no cable or internet....

Repeated performing of VBS songs

A little WWE.

And a little facemaking with the webcam. It was pretty exciting around here, I have to say.

Okay, if you can hold yourself  together after all that excitement, I'm going to get to the real point of this post. Anniversaries. I've got one coming up. It's actually June 30th, but we will be celebrating next weekend. So, I'm in search of the perfect gift. I have to tell  you that Josh and I do not have a great track record with our anniversary. We picked our wedding date so we could be on our honeymoon during the 4th of July, but then we didn't even get a honeymoon. Josh got his job as a breadman and that turned out to be his busiest time at work. Our first anniversary I was almost 9 months pregnant and miserable. Josh was working out of town and he was exhausted traveling back and forth to see me. I still remember using a gift card some sweet friends gave us to O'Charley's. We both just sat and stared at the wall. Most of our anniversaries after that are a blur. It seems like that always ended up being a time when we had too much going on to celebrate properly. Well, I am determined to change that. Next year will be our 10th anniversary and we are going on a cruise if we have to rob a bank or kidnap a nanny. (Could y'all maybe pray we don't have to do either of those. :)

But, for now, we are getting ready for the  number 9! I haven't once gone by the traditional gifts. You know, paper, cotton, rock, scissors, just kidding. :) Well, tonight I decided I would do my research and see what this year would hold. Turns out that year 9 is pottery or willow. Now, of course, I immediately thought Josh could get me a Willow Tree person because I love those! Then, I was like, oh yeah, I'm looking for HIS present. I kept scrolling down and found the perfect gift idea. A pottery class we take together! I have actually been trying to get ideas for Sarah's birthday and that was one of my thoughts. I can honestly say it hadn't crossed my mind for our anniversary. The truth is that Josh has mad art skills and he might even enjoy something like that. But I have to be honest with y'all....my first thought when reading that was the scene from the movie Ghost and it has caused me to laugh out loud hysterically everytime I think of it. Perhaps I will just get him a new shirt. Really, that is what I get for googling....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on year #9...let me know if you come up with a great gift...we will be celebrating nine years next June. For now June 22nd marks our eighth anniversary and I'm getting Barry a watch. And, that's only becuase he came right out and told me that he would really LOVE it if I bought him a watch for our anniversary and then he pulled up the web page so I could see which one he wanted. Sooooo...a watch for year #8 it is! :)

patty said...

I'm getting Steve an ipod. He hasn't said he wants one, but he always look at the display in Wal-Mart longingly. I think he'll be pleased!
I think the pottery class is a good idea if you think he'd like that...I thought about getting Steve a cooking class b/c he loves to cook.

Melody said...

I too am laughing out loud at the Ghost clip that just came into my head.....oh my word...you are hysterical! Thanks for the great laugh. I just love reading your blog. You are so much fun.

Carol said...

Go to Walmart, buy the little pottery craft kit and write your own script...LOL...Thanks for the laugh Emily!! Happy 9th :)

Sarah said...

lol my first thought was ghost too. And now I can only think of you hysterical over the thought.