Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Scent of the Worship Service is Smelly Feet

This is my list of apologies to all of those church members whose trial by fire is unfortunately sitting near me and my circus of children during worship service. I'm sorry. So sorry.

* I apologize to the person sitting right in front of me and Kate. I know that Kate insisted on putting her feet on your back and trust me, we had a come to Jesus meeting about it.

* I apologize that Sarah Beth is the noisiest colorer known to mankind.

*I apologize if you heard me getting on to Sarah during prayer for being the noisiest colerer ever.

* I apologize if you have been unfortunate enough to glance up and see my backside bent over peeling Kate off of the floor.

*I apologize if I distracted you by banging my index finger into the pew showing Eli exactly where he needed to place his backside. I extra apologize if Kate distracted you even more when she had to imitate me.

*I apologize to the deacon I almost tackled trying to get to the bathroom. I really should have gone before class.

*I apologize for not being able to shush Kate when she began pointing at the stainglass window and talking about Jesus' nose.

*I apologize to anyone who may have stepped on a stray fruit snack that fell from our pew.

*I extra repentantly apologize to those who were seated close enough to get a whiff of Eli's feet when he disobediently took his shoes off. We all paid for that sin!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I feel better. I've shared my apologies. Now, those of you who don't have to sit near us in church service-GO SAY A PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

III said...

Wow. God bless you.

Cindi Dailey said...

Oh Emily...too funny...i really needed this laugh tonight

Lori said...

:-) I like this!!

Karen said...

LOL!!! (I now have to explain to Bro. Ron why I am laughing out loud...he thinks I'm working on the newletter...)

Rachael. said...

LOL. i love it!!