Thursday, November 5, 2009

Call Me Crazy

I have suspected for quite a while that I am loony as a toon. Well, my suspicions were confirmed just this last week. In case you are wondering what goes on in our home on a daily basis let me share our basic routine:

After breakfast and watching a movie (it takes me a long time to wake up, y'all) we work on Sarah's school stuff and Eli draws 8 million pictures and asks me 50 bazillion times if they look lions. I assure him they do. Sometimes Kate plays quietly in the playroom. Sometimes she raids the refrigerator. Sometimes she sneaks off to the bathroom and uses every. single. toothbrush. And somedays she just flat out screams. Fun times.

Then, we eat lunch. (Usually it's fishsticks. :) I then begin the exciting 1 hour event called putting Kate down for a nap. This is also usually the time Sarah and Eli go outside to play. Just about the time I get Kate laid down for real, the other two decide to come back inside. But they must make 45 trips in and out for reasons I have yet to understand and grasp. Besides the fact that the going in and out is just plain annoying and let's the bought air out, this is also prime escape time for Daisy the dog.

Well, sure enough this routine played out last week. Except I hadn't laid Kate down yet and I did not actually see Daisy escape. Eli went out the door and I didn't see her in any of her usual spots so I SIGHED LOUDLY, put Kate's shoes on her and decided that I was not in the mood for a jog through the neighborhood. We were taking the jeep. So I loaded Kate up and as we drove around the neighborhood she was in the back seat yelling "DAISY! DAISY!" There is a crew of men who park at the Presbyterian church to eat lunch and they were observing my stalking through the neighborhood and I realized that for this to be such an isolated area, there are ALWAYS witnesses to my insanity. These men have also witnessed many other Daisy chases and Mama fits about kids with no shoes on. Really, if they park there for peace and quiet you would think they would get a clue by now.

We checked out all of Daisy's usual runaway spots and she was nowhere to be found. When I went by the house with 4 of the neighborhood dogs laying around I knew she hadn't been there. At a loss I drove back to the house and as I pulled up guess who was sitting on the arm of the couch looking out the window at me????

Yep. It was Daisy.

Now I know I have lost it. Y'all please say a prayer. I have a meeting tonight with our music minister. He has asked me to head up the drama for the Christmas Cantata. Turns out some preacher told him I have experience in that area. I suppose he forgot to mention that my area of expertise is ACTIN' A FOOL!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i felt the same way when i was
asked to coach your basketball
team when we lived in Petal, Ms
To this day i know nothing about
the sport and was clueless coaching
it, but i had fun watching you play
basketball.