Sunday, November 1, 2009

We're Ready For Our Close Up!

One of my birthday presents this year was a promise from Josh that we would get family portraits. I was beside myself with that promise, as having pictures made ranks up there with dental work and paying taxes as far as Josh is concerned. As if I weren't excited enough, I also learned that one of my high school dance team buddies is starting her own photography business and she agreed to take our pics while we were in Panama City for a wedding. I even got to choose the location! There would be no torturous four wall confinement!

I decided I wanted the pictures taken at the park on Beach Drive where Josh proposed to me. When I think about that night sitting on that bench watching the sunset I can 100% guarantee you I did not anticipate that we would be returning 8 years later with 3 kids! But how exciting to take them to that special place where it all began!

Tori told me that the best time for pictures was sunrise or 5:00 in the evening. We had wedding stuff going on both nights that we were there so I had to go with sunrise. For the record, I also had to ask what time sunrise is because I am not a sunrise kind of gal. In fact, I prefer to have no human contact until after 10:00 in the morning. Of course, I have 3 kids so that never happens. Anyway, we sucked it up and set out for sunrise. (Or a little bit after. :) Kate decided she did NOT want to get up and even after I dressed her she disappeared back to bed and put the blanket over her head. She is so my child.

It was middle October and I had carefully chosen coordinating fall outfits complete with sweaters. Because I am obviously delusional and thought that it would actually be fall in October in Florida. Alas, it was not to be. It was 150 degrees and muggy. There just aren't enough hair products in the state of Florida for my hair, but again we pressed on. Kate was not in the mood for picture taking and Sarah and Eli were more interested in running around and climbing the fence. Tori is perhaps the most patient human being on the planet. She even waited while we did a wardrobe change before heading across the street to the beach. Yes, a wardrobe change in the jeep. Years of dance have really paid off in my ability to change clothes at any place in a very discreet and modest way. :)

Kate immediately sat herself down in her white dress in the water. I just knew Tori wanted to throw us all in and be done with it, but she continued snapping away and saying it was fine. She told us when we left that she was getting a new computer and that it would be a few weeks before she would have any pics to show us. I did good waiting. I really did. Then, she sent me a sneak peek and it did me in. I started stalking her blog hourly (okay minutely) waiting for the update. I was checking it tonight when Josh left and I promised I would only check it 50 more times. :)

Well, here it is....... Our sneak peek! Check it out:http://toripiercy.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, Emily... those pictures are absolutely PHENOMENAL!!! So beautiful!! Your friend is very talented and I am beyond amazed that you somehow got 5 people to look that good at SUNRISE! :-)

Really, really gorgeous pictures. I loved them all but the one of Josh and Eli - on my heart!!

Plus, the one of you and Josh on the bench where he proposed - priceless (although I'm sure your photographer will be able to put a price on it:)

They are all really great!! I couldn't even pick a favorite. Good luck on that by the way!

Amber said...

Those were awesome pictures Emily, I don't know why he always comment on mine, they were fantastic!! I might need to hire her when I go to Florida again! Love the coordinating outfits! I always "try" to do that! You have a beautiful family!

Emily :) said...

Thanks y'all! And thank you for noticing the coordinating outfits and the fact that I did in fact get all 5 of us dressed and ready at sunrise. I believe that may be my grand achievement in life. I am planning to retire now. :)