Friday, November 6, 2009

I Get So Emotional

I have been so emotional this week. Not in a bad way. Just in an emotional way. It has reminded me of pregnancy days when country songs and department store commercials made me cry. I don't know what is going on. I could blame it on the obscene amount of chocolate I've eaten this past week, but really, I think my heart is just full. So full of just every kind of emotion. Last night on Facebook I asked people to write on my status the story of how we met and I have to tell you that even that made me slightly emotional. I am just overwhelmed by the people God has placed in my life. Some have played major roles, some stepped in for a season and for some maybe only moments. But I continually stand amazed at how God orchestrates friendships and puts the right people just where you need them just at the time you need them.

Thank you Father, for knowing just what I need. A friend to offer the right word of encouragement or laugh with me over that silly moment. Thank you for that person who makes me so mad because they see me for who I am and call me on it. I'm thankful for people who don't accept the phoniness. Thank you for the ones who have hurt me, through them You have taught me about forgiveness and unconditional love. Thank you for the ones who have set an example and made me want to be more like You. Thank you for the ones who bring back memories of innocence and fun. Thank you for the ones who have hunkered down and weathered the storms. Thank you Father, for knowing that we are stronger when we have someone on our side.

"Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, on e will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together,
they will keep warm;
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered
by another, two can
withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments: