Sunday, November 1, 2009

Well Isn't That Humerus...

I haven't blogged in almost a week and you may have been concerned that I was grounded from the computer after my day of showing my hiney. Or, you may not have even noticed at all. :) The truth is that I woke up Tuesday morning determined to have a better day. I mean, I prayed big time before I even rolled myself out of the bed. It was a good thing. When I came to the living room Eli had picked up the laptop by the screen and completely torn it off. Seriously. I was tempted to go into one of my screaming fits, but I controlled myself. I spent the whole week without a computer, and honestly, I think I really needed to do that.

I saved my screaming fit for Wednesday when we packed up to head to town. I had the kids all loaded up and ran back in the house to grab something I forgot and accidentally let Daisy out. I learned the only thing harder than chasing a dog in flip flops is chasing one in high heeled boots. I so almost bit the dust in our gravel driveway. I was also screaming like a madwoman the whole time I was chasing her. I finally caught her at the Methodist church and realized there was a man working outside who had witnessed the whole spectacle. He was probably thinking he was glad he was working with the Methodist and not the crazy Baptist preacher's wife. I wouldn't blame him.

At the beginning of October Eli had started asking me if skeletons are real. I told you there are days when homeschooling makes me want to run away from home. Well, this was one of those times when I love homeschooling. I decided we would spend the month of October learning about the body. I'm not big on all of the halloween stuff, so I thought this would be a good way to work with the curiosity it sparked in my kids. Kids are so naturally curious and eager to learn. Even though we still have to do all the basic reading and math stuff, I really enjoy being able to take the things my kids show interest in and teach those things. I checked out several books from the library including one of the Magic School Bus books. Do you remember those? I also couldn't wait to have a chance to head to town and get this book.You can't tell by looking at it, but the body is actually a plastic model and different layers of the body are revealed as you turn the page. I don't know when I am going to learn that taking 3 kids to any store will never constitute a fun day out, but we survived.

Other than that, it has been a pretty calm, normal week. Lots of schooling, cleaning, and thinking. Josh brought our computer that he has in his office to the house to work on sermons. Because you know, it is so much more peaceful in our home. :) I am hoping to upload some pics from the very fun hayride we had at the church last night, but right now this computer is not cooperating with that endeavor. I cannot even begin to tell you the technical difficulties we encounter. But we press on. :)

Just thought I would update everyone on the excitement that is our life. Yes, I did just write a post sharing my excitement over a science book. This week we are beginning to learn about a new state every week. I'll keep you posted! :)

No comments: