Monday, June 28, 2010

Missions Monday

Today I feel so proud and excited I just have to share with you. I have been very blessed to be surrounded with friends, family and church members doing mission trips this summer. My aunt just got home from Brazil, one of our Montrose boys just got back from Nicaragua, and our friends Matt and Cortnee are in Kentucky doing mission work this week. My best friend, Karen, is gearing up for her annual trip to the Ukraine in the middle of July.

Josh and I feel such a strong call to minister and teach within the church God has placed us, but I have such admiration and respect for all of my fellow brothers and sisters who sacrifice their time, money and comfort to meet the physcial needs and share the Gospel all over the world.

Today I am especially excited for our good friends, Mark and Kim. Josh and I went to high school with Mark and Kim and were there from the beginning of their relationship. Really, all 4 of us had a front row view of the brand spankin' new relationships that were forming our senior year of high school. We spent lots of time together and eventually even got to be part of their wedding. In fact, I somehow ended up with more pictures from their wedding than I have of our wedding and the lives of our 3 children combined. :)  One day, I'm gonna drag out the scanner.

I'm excited for them because they have answered the call to be missionaries to Panama (the country, not the city down the road from us) and they will be leaving in July. The original plan was that they would leave next January but about a week ago I got a text from Kim saying they felt like it was supposed to be sooner. They were seeking prayer that God would work that out and....He did!

We just love this family so much and I have watched from afar the last few years as God has done amazing things in their lives. I know their ministry in Panama will be an overflow of what He is already doing. I ask that you will join us in praying for them. Their ministry, their family in the states that will miss them greatly, that their two precious babies, (who I think of as babies, but really, they aren't so much anymore) Camber (7) and Cooper (5) will adjust well and thrive in their new home, and that God will continue to meet all of their needs.

You can check out their blog and follow their journey at ://thomasywampanama.blogspot.com/.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Whoo-hoo!!!! Lots of prayers Mark & Kim and may God truly bless you for your sacrifice and willingness to answer the call!!

Cathy Lewis said...

Thanks Em, for putting this on your blog so that others know and will pray for Kimberly, Mark and the kids...We will miss them greatly, but my heart swells with joy at their willingness to "Give up" to be obeident to God's call on their lives. Just knowing that my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren will be used by God to spread the gospel---well, just can't explain the joy I feel...
I am gonna learn to be on my knees more, and praying that now that we have family as missionaries, I will also be praying more for other missionaries....
Thanks again....we love your stinkin guts
Ms Cathy