Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday



* Today Kate broke my favorite coffee mug. I don't even drink coffee, but I loved that coffee cup. I had a moment. I told Josh, for the 35th billion time, that I just can't have nice things. While I was going off I pointed out that soon all we will have left is our tacky, obnoxious, plastic Christmas cups. I have six of them. It hit me. I declared, "When I die, this will be all I have left to put in my will. The Christmas cups!"  I'm glad I have six so the kids won't fight over them. :)


*My lips keep getting thinner. Is this part of aging? Like I've heard your nose keeps growing throughout your life. That's bad news for me. But do your lips keep getting smaller, too? I'm going to be one weird looking old person, y'all.

* I love CVS bucks. I got some Tide for $1.99 today! Woo-hoo! It's for 30 loads so that should last me about 2 days....

* Last summer a boy from our neighborhood got saved at our VBS. Then, he moved. He came back to visit a few months back and made sure to come by to see us. He's been visiting for the last week and has gone to church with us everytime the doors have been open. Today he told me he's moving back and he said, "Now I can go to church everyday!" He was so excited, but not as excited as me. That is music to this preacher's wive's ears!

* In other exciting news, I almost burnt the church down tonight. I took a candle to use as my illustration as we talked about being the light of the world. I had just lit the candle and set it on the table to start the lesson when one of the kids pushed the crayon box across the table RIGHT INTO THE CANDLE!!!! It started sliding and thankfully I have awesome, superpower, Mom reflexes so I caught it. Whew!

* My firstborn has always been an interior decorator. She has her own style. I've tried desperately for years to decorate her room in pretty pictures, accessories and bedding. She has for years now taken wall decorations down, decorated her bedding with nail polish or permanent markers, or repurposed her furniture for purposes I don't understand. Today, I discovered yet another glimpse at her decorating. Check this out.
In case you can't tell, that is Prince William and Kate. Right in the middle of my pretty, little girl pictures. That's my Sarah for you! If you are a Mom who gets to decorate your children's rooms beautifully and admire your  interior decorating skills, enjoy it. And think of me. And Will and Kate.

* Today I ordered the American Girl doll for Sarah's birthday that she has been asking for for a full year now. I couldn't put it off anymore. It's all she has wanted. Do you know American Girl doll clothes cost more than I spend on my own?  I may have to send this doll out to make appearances for me.....

* My house smells like boys. I've had at least 5 boys in my house for the last few days and they are just smellier than girls. Is it rude to ask people if you can Febreze them?

* I am so excited because I am taking Sarah to a tea party my friend is having to celebrate her 30th birthday. We are supposed to wear sundresses and big hats! Am I the only person who loves a good reason to dress up and wear big hats??

Welp, that's about it for now. What randomness is happening in your life? Head over to Everyday the Wonderful Happens and let us know!

4 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

My mom always used to say that she can't have anything nice, and now I find myself saying it. When we moved into our new house, I custom ordered a chair. And both of my boys know that it is MY chair and every time they walk by it, I am all, "don't touch the chair!!!". I will not be held responsible if something happens to that chair. I'm just saying.

Lori said...

Almost burning the church down?? Well done! :) I'm so, so excited about sundresses, big hats and tea parties and I'm not even going to get to go!! So, so, so much fun!! I liked all your whatnots!! :)

Karen said...

RE almost burning the church down: well, maybe this PK dosen't need to comment on that...

Sorry about the coffee cup :(

Love Sarah's decorating style - I will think of her now everytime I see Will and Kate... :)

Amber said...

I am jealous that you get to wear a big hat, I LOVE big hats. I told Josh I want to throw a Kentucky Derby party so that I can wear a big hat =)