Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dreaming of Daddy

Last night, I dreamt about my Daddy. Well, he was there. It was one of those dreams that I couldn't really tell you what was going on, but at the point I remember it starting, I walked into a basement feeling really stressed out. Like there were a bunch of people after me or things I needed to accomplish hanging over my head. It was a nice, carpeted basement. All of a sudden, my Dad was there and I didn't feel stressed anymore. I felt totally at peace. I've had several dreams that my Dad was in and I would always get this peaceful feeling. But he never talked to me. This time he talked to me. I can't remember what I asked him, but he told me he was doing a lot of dancing, cleaning and vacuuming. Right now, that absolutely cracks me up. But in my dream, it totally made sense. I shared that I was doing a lot of dancing, cleaning and vacuuming, too.

I pondered this dream when I woke up and realized that obviously, I've been doing too much dancing, cleaning and vacuuming! I also realized that one of the things I miss about my dad is his understanding. Somehow he always made me feel like he totally understood what was going on with me, even if what I was going through were things he had never personally experienced. For example, toward the end of my pregnancy with Sarah we had moved back to Panama City. Josh was supposed to be getting a transfer, but his boss was dragging his feet and I was starting to think Josh and I were never going to live together again. I was so frustrated. One night, I threw a temper tantrum that would make a 2 year old blush while my Dad was at my house. What he shoulda done was put my  big, pregnant butt in time-out (Seriously, I acted like a 2 year old). He didn't. I apologized for how I acted and he said, "You're pregnant, you're hormonal and you miss your husband."  And that was it. He got it. And I felt better that somebody understood. Even if he had no clue what it felt like to be pregnant or hormonal or missing a husband.

                                   Today, I found this picture of my Dad and it made me laugh.
                                              That's my Daddy. I miss him.

No comments: