Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday- On The Road Again


* I feel like I should start this by having a confessional moment. I've started drinking caffeine again. Judge me if you will. It's just been one of those weeks for like 3 weeks now. Know what I mean?

* And what I mean is that I feel like I've been running like the Energizer Bunny, only less energetically and surrounded by lots of other Energizer bunnies who are more energetic.

* Josh and I discovered we have a karaoke channel and we now sit around and sing at night before bed. It would be a Partridge family moment, if a. I could sing and b. we weren't singing things like "Dirt Road Anthem" or "Sweet Home Alabama".

* So, we've started designing a set for our theatre production and I think I would rather have a root canal. Josh is actually the mastermind behind it all and he is incredibly artistic and I think it's going to be totally cool. If we can just get it finished. We've come up with this grand plan of painting 3 different scenes and putting them on stacks of boxes where we will just turn the boxes for each scene. Does that make sense?  Last night we were up at 11:00 tracing his drawings on huge butcher paper. Today, I drove the church van to pick up all the kids and bring them back to the church to start painting. As we got in the van the girl in the front started singing, "On the Road Again". Then, the van full switched to "Baby, baby, baby, OH!" (What is it with me and that song????) and finally they finished with "Don't Worry Be Happy." And I realized that song is like, an oldie to them. I am both enamored and totally frustrated with this group of middle schoolers. My boss calls them my "breakfast club".  They are very unique and creative and yet still middle schoolers. On the way back to the studio they serenaded me with a VERY dramatic version of Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts". It was very moving. And I'm sure we were quite a sight at the red light.

* So, since I've admitted I have totally fallen off the diet wagon I should also tell you that my husband is out right now trying to procure some fried pickles for me. Sad. So sad. I asked him how it feels to have a wife who is always hormonally pregnant, but no longer producing babies. Seriously, that's how my hormones make me feel. But he can't even mark the days off on a calendar. Bless his heart....

* We leave Friday after Theatre class for our anniversary getaway. My Mom is getting the kids tomorrow. My brain started vacation on Monday. Here's hoping I can fake it for a couple more days....

* I'm getting ready to watch a new episode of "Dance Moms". Have y'all seen this show. I'm both disgusted and fascinated. I guess I mostly just stay fascinated by people who can treat other people like they are something they stepped in and those people put up with it. What is up with that?  And I worry this show is going to start making the "Toddlers and Tiaras" moms look good......

* Well, I guess I'll mosey on now that I've confessed I'm addicted to eating, watching and listening to junk. :) Hop on over to Everyday the Wonderful Happens and link up!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I don't want to be a bad influence but I'm totally thrilled you're back on caffeine before we get together:) I now HAVE to see Dance Moms!! Toddlers and Tiaras both fascinates and disgusts me so I can't wait for this show now:) Have a GREAT vacation!