Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Top Reasons I Won't Win Mother of the Year

* I went to the grocery store and didn't buy a single sweet treat my kids like because I know that after they go to bed I would eat it all.

* Eli got out his backpack today to get it ready for school tomorrow and it still had papers from his last day two weeks ago. It also had really cute Christmas ornaments that obvioulsy did not get hung on the tree this year.

* My child left church tonight with no pants on. I am so serious. Josh hurt his back yesterday, so today before I left for work at 2:30 I went ahead and dressed Kate and put her socks and shoes on for church so Josh wouldn't have to bend over to do it. Well, 6 hours later it seems that her Pull-Up just wasn't up to snuff. Thankfully, there were extra Pull-Ups in the nursery. My potty training efforts=FAIL. Josh's ability to remember the backpack with Pull-Ups=FAIL. The fact our church members haven't called DCF on us=MIRACLE.

* We have gotten a tad bit off schedule during the holiday break. I'll just admit it. Last week, we did NOTHING. It was the greatest week of my life. Seriously. Anyway, we started back to dance on Monday and went to a birthday supper last night and tonight was dance and church, and tomorrow we start back to school. So, the routine is kicking back in. I realized just how much we had gotten off of the routine when I noticed a dirt ring around Eli's neck. I ushered my children to the bathroom and asked, "When was the last time y'all had a bath?" Eli's answer, "I just walked through the rain, does that count?"  What can I say? With a mother like me it the best they can hope for.....

6 comments:

Home: Inside and Out said...

You are so funny. Mother of the year? Maybe not. But funny friend whose blogs I soooo look forward to reading? Oh yes, that's an award you could definitely win!

Amber said...

Hey don't count your self out, let me tell you, you are creating memories for them. When you have grandbabies one day, this is what they will be talking about around the dinner table and I bet they will think it is great!! You are an awesome mother =) Thank you for making me laugh today!

Lori said...

When I checked on Jack in his room the other day, he had colored all over his arm with a marker AFTER he had taken a bath. I tried to explain to him that when you get a bath only every few days, we really need to work towards staying clean after it for a few hours at least:) I feel ya!

Sarah said...

welcome to the club. expect I only have one child so what does that say?

Carol said...

LOL...glad I'm not the only one who got bumped for that position. You are pure joy, Emily!!

Unknown said...

I think all of that makes you a great mother. If I didn't, I would have to admit that I am a horrible mother too!