Thursday, June 18, 2009

If it ain't broke...just give me a minute

I have found that kids have become a convenient excuse for why things are always spilled, dropped, neglected, trashed, or broken. But you know what I've realized? It's me!!!

This past weekend we went to visit my mamaw who just got a brand new trailer with brand new furniture after her house burned down. New stuff makes me a nervous wreck. I prefer our homestead where I don't have to worry about things being destroyed because they already are. I am currently looking for a sign to put on our door that says "Where the Wild Things Are". I am of course joking (a little). We work with our kids a lot about respecting and taking care of things, especially when they belong to other people! They do good I think for their ages. But then...there's me. I don't know what excuse I have.

My mom put me in ballet at the age of 2 and after 16 years of weekly lessons I'm about as graceful as a one legged duck. Add to my clutziness my luck and most things just don't stand a chance around me. I've already told y'all about my microwave. A couple of weeks ago Josh moved one of my plants and he asked "Is this real?" He couldn't believe I had kept a plant alive for so long. I got that plant as a gift when I left my job and I was totally planning to blog about that plant in a couple of months when it turned 1. (Yes, I seriously need a life.) Don't worry, there will be no blog celebrating the 1 year birthday of my plant. That same night Josh knocked it over and it's gone.

Back to this past weekend, I had been watching guard over my children policing their every move so there would be no destruction of property. They did good. I didn't. I started drinking coffee this weekend. Actually, I think that I just like creamer and by the time I would put half the bottle of creamer in my coffee it was usually overflowing from the cup and I set quite the record spilling cups of coffee. I informed everyone that I am a new grown up and still working on the walking with the coffee thing.

This was a very exciting trip for us because my sister, brother in law and nephew got to be there. They were in the process of moving from Alaska to Georgia and stopped by. Christmas was the only time I had spent with my nephew who will be 1 in July. (Get ready for that blog too. :) Josh had not ever gotten to see Luke. I would love to show you the million and a half pics I took of my adorable nephew with my totally adorable children, but...I dropped my camera in the baby pool. Yes, now my camera is broken. For good. That camera has given me so many fits and it was already on it's 5th life. But it had started working so good. Apparently it was not waterproof. :) My next camera will be a FisherPrice kid friendly version.

What is the point of this blog you ask? I have no idea. I guess it is just a warning. If there is anything you value, don't bring it near me!

4 comments:

Lori said...

So sad about your camera!! I have a fear of losing or breaking mine! I am so, so clumsy too. When we finally do meet up, we're going to need to be in a very kid friendly environment I think:)

Karen said...

Lol. I told my dad you started drinking coffee. He is proud. (Just think of all the fun you could have had w/all the preachers at SC...they go through like 50 pots of coffee a day!)

Karen said...

Okay. I know I just commented, but in light of the subject of this blog I just had to share. I have been at work a grand total of 3 1/2hours. In that time the copier has broken (it was just some switch, but we had to have the technician come fix it.) and I am now waiting on one of the trustees to come look at the two (count em ...two!) shattered windows. (some dude is cutting the grass and rocks have come flying through here twice. I'm leaving in 30 minutes and I'm so glad it's the weekend! This is crazy!

Emily :) said...

See!!!! It's b/c you hung out with me all day Wed.!!!! I guess I didn't warn you soon enough. Sorry. :(