Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sweet Baby Cakes



I love my kids. I know that I spend a lot of time writing about the chaos they bring to my life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! I actually had the realization the other day that soon they will be grown and I will have to find some other subject to blog about. Hope y'all are interested in my dog. Just kidding!

For now, my three little people fill my days with so much joy and the best stories. Sarah and Eli have been at a friend's house most of the day today and I have been enjoying some Baby Cake time. That is Kate for those of you who do not know that Eli called her "Cake" while she was in fact, still in the oven so to speak. :)

Kate is dangerously close to being 2 and somedays it shows! But most of the time, I just drink up the days with her during this time of cuddly, sloppy kisses. Kate was a very big surprise for us and because of some health issues with both of us I feel that God has given me a special appreciation for her. When Sarah was her age I was clueless and frustrated and wished many days away. When Eli was this age I was working and pregnant and too tired to really enjoy him. Now, I feel that I've been blessed with the time like I had today to spin circles around the living room and cuddle on the couch.

Kate has just in the last few weeks developed quite the vocabulary. She's been speaking in German, Japanese, and in another language I'm sure she would be in trouble for if we could understand her. But just recently she has been showing off with lots of new words. Since I am a terrible mother who has not documented and kept up with my children's milestones the way my mom did, I'm going to share these new words here!

  • Want some more milk (milk=whatever she wants, milk is everything)
  • Book
  • Bath
  • Nap (This word usually comes after she talks obsessively in one of her other languages and then she finishes with NAP.)
  • NO (most frequently used word)
  • Yes (We are very excited about this one!)
  • Dey Dey (Also known as Daisy)
  • Amen (Seriously. Yes, she's a preacher's kid)
  • Baby
  • Ball
  • love you (My favorite!)
  • Da Da
  • Mama (This is said usually while she is tapping me to show me something she wants. Imagine a screaming southern accent saying "MAMA!! MAMA!!)
  • Pee pee (this one is unfortunate. She has not yet learned to "pee pee" in the potty, but she has learned to walk around saying it alot. :)

As I write this Kate is walking around with a laundry basket on her head. Just so I won't go to overboard with the bragging, she's reminding me. She's a kid!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Precious!! Just precious!

Karen said...

I love it!! that is the most adorable picture!