Monday, January 24, 2011

Sometimes Other People Say It Better

Today in dance I had a student return. She hadn't been since before Christmas. She was anxious and just wanted to hide out in the corner. She finally told my assistant, "My feet are scared, they haven't danced in a long time."  Don't ya love it? Three year olds just have a way of saying things. I just love words and the way that they can be written or spoken to encourage, challenge, inspire, uplift, or bring laughter. Just wanted to share some things that have been speaking to me. Making me think. Making me pray. Making me laugh.

"God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving." [The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn, Page 73]

  We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.”   ~Dwight L. Moody

Winston Churchill's definition of success:
Moving from failure to failure
without any loss of enthusiasm
.

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.
It has been found difficult; and left untried."  --G. K. Chesterton
Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones.”
                                                                                     – Phillips Brooks

"Know when to tune out, if you listen to too much advice you may wind up making other peoples mistakes. "


                                                                                - Ann Landers

"That it will never come again Is what makes life so sweet."



                                                         -Emily Dickinson

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it."
                                      -Erma Bombeck
That's my quote, for sure!  How 'bout you? Do you have any favorite quote, verses, lyrics or words of wisdom you'd like to share?

1 comment:

Karen said...

I LOVE quotes and have too many favs to list here, however I'll share one I recently came across...

"God's dreamers are always unpractical...but in the end, their dreams come true."
- Amy Carmichael

I may "borrow" some of the ones you listed as well...