Thursday, January 13, 2011

If You Could Describe Me in One Word, I'm Sure It Would Be Style :)

Please, hold your applause.....and your laughter! I know, it is pretty funny I would be awarded a stylish blogger award. Don't worry, I've never met my awarder in real life, so this is not referring to my personal style. Actually, I have no idea what "style" this is referring to, but I've had serious blogger block so I thought it would be fun to play along. Thank you Rachael at Girlfriends With a Purpose for thinking of me! I am so happy that Rachael has come back to the world of blogging. She is a preacher's wife with 3 small children and she inspires me. I'm pretty sure she accomplishes more in 4 minutes than I do in 4 days! And she is cute and hip while she does it all!

So, here are the rules:

1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award

2. Share 7 things about yourself

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers so we can share the love

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve been tagged.

Seven Random Things: (Yes, I am aware that there is not much I haven't shared with y'all. This could be tough.....)

1. In high school my nickname was Skeezit. You see, I had these crazy hairs that stuck out whenever I wore my hair up (which was ALL of the time) and I met a girl who told me they were called skeezits. I can't explain them, so I will have to show you a picture that will a. maybe give you nightmares and b. make you think that I look totally awesome in every picture I show you of myself from here on out.

Doesn't that look like someone who deserves a style award?? Okay, I would just like to point out that this is what I looked like when Josh fell in love with me. I can't explain it either. Second, when I pulled up this picture Kate said, "Who is that girl?" I told her it was me and she got all giddy and said, "You were new!"  LOL. Yes, this is before I got old and decrepid. Thanks for reminding me Kate!!

2. I have a thing for royal weddings. We were watching something the other night about Prince Andrew and Fergie (the duchess, not the black eyed pea) and I said something about being 6 when they got married. I was just guessing at how old I was, but then they showed the year and sure enough, I was 6! How did I remember that? I don't remember what kind of birthday party I had, but I remember Prince Andrew and Fergie's anniversary. Go figure! I was equally obsessed with Princess Diana and even had her paper doll with all of her famous outfits. Am I the only one who played with paper dolls?

3. I'm a *little* competitive. I always say that I'm not, but since we've gotten the Wii it seems to have really resurfaced. Okay, so maybe by competitive I mean trash talker. I don't know what comes over me y'all. I don't like to lose. Is that bad? And if I do lose, you're going to hear about it! (For the record, Eli totally inherited this gene. It  is genetic, Eli proves it. That boy can trash talk like.....well, like his Mama. :)

4. I am an infomercial, as seen on TV, new product junkie. I got a Yoshi blade before Thanksgiving and I think my family became concerned I had formed an unhealthy attachment to it. I especially love cleaning products. You should have seen me when Magic Erasers first came out. I went all over our house dragging Josh to show him how the crayons came off the wall. I still heart Magic Erasers. Febreeze with Gain and Pledge with Lavender Febreeze are my new faves. My sister got the Shark steam mop for Christmas and I'm totally jealous. I think my Mom is concerned we were both kidnapped and brainwashed by aliens as we had no interest in cleaning products whatsoever when we lived with her. :)

5. I've never flown on an airplane. Pretty sure I'm the only person left on the planet that hasn't. I'm not scared either, just haven't had the chance. Hopefully soon!

6. I love to be at home. I am pretty outgoing and I really like to go and do, but most of the time I'm totally content to just hang out and read or watch movies. Lately, I've even enjoyed having time to just do housework. It's been relaxing. Again, my Mom is probably on her way over now to check if I have a fever. :)

7. I am way super sensitive to smells. This first presented in my early pregnancy with Sarah. I walked into a grocery store with Josh and said, "Do you smell that popcorn?" And it wasn't at a place that popped popcorn. I mean, I could smell it in the package! This is both a gift and a curse. I spend a lot of time saying "What's that smell?" (Eli got this from me, too) and trying to make things smell good. Candles, air fresheners, perfumes, you name it, I'm a little obssessed with them! My favorite perfumes are Heavenly and Rapture from Victoria Secret. Very appropriate for the preacher's wife, don't you think? :)

Okay, now that I've proven I'm as boring and uninteresting as we all thought, I will tag my fellow bloggers!

1. Ms. Terri at Southern Words and Ways (Ms. Terri was my boss and is a true Southern Belle. You should check out her blog!)

2. Melody at Life is A Bowl of Wedgies (I adore this blog and blogger!)

3. Patty at Welcome to Pattyville (Love Patty's sweet heart and she is the place to go for book reviews!)

4. Amber at The Journey of a Mother's Heart (You will fall in love with her and her sweet family!)

5. Lauran at The Ellis Nest (Lauran is my cousin and the MOST deserving of any kind of style award. She has it all! Fashion, interior design, everything. She's one of those people who makes camo look stylish!)

6. Lori at The Foremans (Lori is my recently discovered long lost twin. We are soul sistas and she may not take this as a compliment, but we have similar styles. When we went on our girl's weekend I asked her if my new flats were ugly and she pulled out the exact same pair in a different color! She gives me hope that sometimes I'm on the right track. :)

7. Sarah at The List-An Adventurer's Guide to Life (Sarah is just fabulous in every way. At our 10 year reunion we couldn't quit gushing over how beautiful she is!)

8. Ann at Wow This Is Harder Than I Thought (I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to share life with this sweet girl through our blogs. She is an amazing wife and Mom and has the cutest family!)

9. Deborah at Deborah's Distractions (This lady is neck deep in wedding planning and is probably too busy to do this, but she totally rocks! I am inspired by her energy and creativity!)

10. Karen at Reflective Reasonings (My bestie. I would love to see if she comes up with stuff I don't know about her. :)

11. Cindy at Musings From a Minister's Wife (Cindy is one of my real life friends and I love her heart for God and other people!)

12. Pao Ying at Pocket of Fulll Life (I have been friends with Pao since 3rd grade and she still amazes me. She is one of the most interesting people I know and has such a passion for life!)

13. Kim at Just Call Me Suzie Homemaker (Kim just started this blog and it is so great. She is so talented!)

14. Marla at The Watson Gang (Marla is also my cousin and even though we didn't grow up close to each other, I have learned from FB that some things are truly genetic. Like loving naps and not being a fan of Christmas music. I would love to see her random things!)

15. Amy at Hallelujahers, Homeschool, and Hay Barrells (Amy is a real life friend who shares the roles of preacher wife and mother to young children. We also share a penchant for getting behind chicken trucks and hay barrells. :)
Wow, can't belive I had 15 people to tag. :) I hope you will all play along. I look forward to learning more about you. And if you weren't tagged, you can tell me random things about you in the comments!

4 comments:

Melody said...

Thank you Emily! How fun it was to read about you and I'm cracking up at your nickname and the comment Kate made about you....."New"....love.it. I'm so excited about reading some new blogs too. Thank you for the blog award. You are so much fun and I keep loving your blog.

Lori said...

Thanks Em!! I don't know if I have seven interesting things to share, but I'm excited to try. You're not going to believe this, but I'm having a blogger block lately too! Can't believe we would be having the same thing:) And Jack must get his smell sensitivity from my "twin" - he walks in every room and says, "I smell something!"

Loved reading your interesting tidbits too!! I'll try to post soon - you're a hard one to follow though.

The main thing I learned from this post is that I need a cool name for my blog!

Anonymous said...

Blogger block must be contagious. But this just might be the inspiration I did to get back on the blogger bus. Congrats on your award!

Karen said...

LOL (literally) at Kate's comment. I too have blogger's block, but unfortunately it's a perpetual case. And I was thinking last night if there were 7 things you don't know about me...not sure, but I'll try...it's very challenging though :)
(one problem...I don't know 15 other bloggers...I gotta get out more...) :)