Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday


* I'm tired. But in a really good way. I've had 19 different people in my house since last Thursday, taught 5 dance and theater classes, hosted a birthday breakfast, lunch and dinner (and Sarah's "real" party is this Friday), been to 5 church services and sat with 13 kids during church tonight. Throw in 25 loads of laundry, passing out fliers for our pizza party tonight and making sure my house stayed presentable everyday equals one tired Mama. But it's been TOTALLY worth it!

* Josh doesn't understand why I freak out over what the house looks like. Is it girl thing? I don't think I'm OCD by any means. I mean, really, is it too much to want to be able to walk into a room without breaking your ankle? I guess I just expect too much. Speaking of that, tomorrow we are holding classes. They will include: How to close your dresser drawer:101. How to put the clothes back in your drawer and then close it:102. How to take the trash out instead of watching trash fall all over the floor because it is so full. And finally, There is no magic toilet flushing fairy.

* Truth is, I know that my children's laziness comes from me. It occured to me the other day that I prefer the toothpaste tubes that have the snap caps. Really, it is too much work to take it off, keep up with it, and put it back. Don't you agree?

* Tonight, 3 of my theater kids came to do a skit at our church. I was so excited! I'm just loving those classes. They are the most entertaining part of my week. The other day we were playing a game where they have to create a scene. For example: someone starts out and says, "I'm a tree" and poses like a tree. Then, somebody else says, "I'm a bench under the tree" and then the next person, "I'm a person on the bench" and so on and so forth. Well, that was the example I gave them. Do you know what they came up with? A penguin, an animal eating the pengquin, a belly dancing penguin and the national geographic videographer. Seriously, they crack me up.

* Next weekend Josh and I are going somewhere. We're not sure where yet. But we can't get there soon enough. :)

* Apparently this is bug bite season. All my children and girls at dance have incapacitating bug bites. Who knew they were so brutal?

* I hope I just used incapacitating correctly. That is a big word for me.

* Josh just put on a movie with Hulk Hogan from 1991. I'm so glad we pay for cable.

* Okay, I'm done. What have you been up to?

No comments: