Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saying Goodbye to the Puppies

Well, the time finally came folks. Time to say good bye to the puppies. Well, at least 2 of them. We'll take what we can get, people! I told y'all we were getting some new pics and apparently we were finally able to capture them in all of their puppy cuteness. After posting the pics on Craigslist we had several people interested. The first to go was Miss Brown. Josh bathed her and got her a little collar and she got to spend some quality alone time with us. We were shocked she was the first to go because she and Brownie (the two brindles) always got the least attention. She was the calmest one though. While the other six would attack me in an attempt to be fed sooner, she would patiently just sit and wait. Guess she was rewarded for being so good with a new home. :) The family that got her seemed really sweet and they had a couple of kids and one on the way. And another dog at home. God bless them! She is a better woman than me! I could tell that Miss Brown will be well cared for.

The next up was Ida, and it about killed me y'all. My favorite puppy has changed several times through this process, but recently it had been Ida. Just let me show you.

You love her don't you? She is such a mini version of Daisy and she stuck close to her, too. The night we brought her in for her bath and new collar she just fit right in with us. She played with the kids. She licked Kate's face as I was changing her at bedtime. I scooped up Ida and put on my pouty face for Josh and kept mouthing, "I want to keep her." He responded by quoting prices we had been given for immunizations and sterilization. After the kids were in bed Ida curled up right under Josh's feet in the living room. For some reason the guy coming to get her was coming to our house and that really freaked me out. We met the other people somewhere else. But Josh had given this guy our address and yes, I know, go ahead and lecture us. Anway, as Josh went to the door I was on the couch asking, "Does he look mean? Does he look like he's going to kill us?"  Thankfully, he did not. He was a young guy who brought his girlfriend and SURPRISED her with a puppy! She had no idea that's what they were coming for. It was actually pretty neat to be a part of such a sweet moment. Later I started worrying about if they break up and Ida becomes involved in a bitter custody battle. But I decided I have to just let it go. They seem super sweet and I've still got 5 other puppies to worry about!

That number will actually go down again today. We are taking Pokey and Monkey to meet a lady. She wanted to see them both and we have our fingers crossed she will WANT them both! I also just got another e-mail of somebody wanting one. I think he may end up getting Brownie. I'm just praying Animal Control doesn't get the rest. We had a note on our door from them the other day saying they were sorry they missed us. We still haven't figured out what was up, but several neighborhood dogs have been hanging around our fence (I think they are baby daddies) and we think they may have assumed one of them was ours that got out. I have no idea why they would think that! Our dogs NEVER get out of the fence! *Dripping with sarcasm*. It actually had been awhile since Daisy had made an escape but when I got home from taking the kids to school yesterday I looked out back and she and two of the puppies were missing. I quickly found Pokey and  got her in. During that process the other puppies would crawl through the hole then get back inside fast. It was like they wanted to be bad, but they weren't really brave enough.

It was a long morning hunting down Daisy and LD and I gave Daisy a stern lecture about the fact that this is how all of this started in the first place. Of course she isn't the one who is going to have to replace flooring so maybe she doesn't get it.

Oh, the ups and downs of life with puppies.

No comments: