Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just For The Weekend....


Just for the weekend, I'm going to pack pretty clothes and high heels and wear them. Just for the weekend, I won't worry if someone will wipe their snotty nose on them.

Just for the weekend, I will drive a freshly vacuumed, immaculately clean vehicle that is not covered in french fries, broken crayons or fast food toys. I will choose what is on the radio and I will sing with it. Loud.

Just for the weekend, I will eat meals that do not require me to a. grocery shop, b. cook them, or c. clean up after them. I won't even have to share my food.

Just for the weekend, I won't do laundry one time. NOT ONE TIME!

Just for the weekend, I will be on an adventure for the sake of adventure, and I will enjoy it with friends. We will laugh and talk and maybe even cry. We will explore and make memories and act like tourists.

Just for the weekend, I will hang out with my best friend who knew me before I was any of the things that define me now: wife, mother, preacher's wife. I will just be Emily. I will finally meet a blogging buddy for the first time in real life, and hope that she finds me as interesting in person. :)

Just for the weekend, I will have fun! I will see new things and go new places.

Then, it will be over and I will be oh so ready to return to my normal life with my babies, my hubby and my laundry room. But for now.....I am so ready for this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned for details of my trip and lots of pics!

3 comments:

Cindi Dailey said...

sounds like fun! where are you going? Hope you have an awesome time!

Kristy said...

Have a wonderful time!!! I know exactly what you mean about hanging out with someone who knew you 'before.' In Feb I went from youth pastor's wife at my home church (which is just like being anyone else ;) to full-fledged PW and it is soooo nice to be able to relax and be myself with people who knew me 'before' and don't have any expectations!

patty said...

ahh, I wish that blogging friend was me! One day, I hope to meet you and give you that big hug that you deserve.