Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's Goin' On

A recap of my week as told in various stories, quotes from honest children, and thoughtful thoughts I've been thinking:

SUNDAY: After "keeping" the nursery (which translates "keeping the children from tearing the room down") we headed home to finish off leftover bar-b-que sandwiches from our turning 30 party and get ready for a birthday party. One of my little dancers was turning 4 and of course we needed to be at her special "Princess Dance Party". Most of the guests there were girls from my classes and they had a ball dressing up in dance costumes and putting on a fashion show for the Moms.  I was able to see the fruit of my labor as they twirled and bowed and made sure I watched everything they did. It was somewhat confusing for them that I was dressed and had my hair down. I've decided from the way the girls react that I could totally go undercover for the CIA and all I would have to do is put my hair in a bun. I look that different. :) BTW, by dressed, I mean not in a leotard. Just thought I should clarify that statement. :) Kate refused to pose for any of the cute group pictures, but sure enough when the birthday girl's Mom posted pics on FB there we were in the mirror, me leaning over trying to grab Kate. It's a classic. Real life photography, that's for sure.

That night was our special church service on the beach. We sang some choruses and shared the Lord's Supper right there on the beach. Several of our members shared testimonies of how God has spoken to them through His creation. The weather was perfect and it was a beautiful service. Kate planted herself next to our church secretary and before I knew it she was down in the sand, and I mean DOWN IN THE SAND, as in laying on her stomach. I decided that's why they didn't need nurseries when Jesus spoke to the multitudes. I imagine in those days when He was teaching outside the kids probably just pulled up the grass or played in the sand. It worked well. :)

My Mom and brother came and my Mom got some great pictures.
Nana and her babies.
We couldn't believe she got this pic of all 3 of them.
Kate told me she "tripped". That's her story and she's sticking to it. When she saw this picture she told me she needed to wash her hair. Because we always head to the beach to wash our hair, right? I love that my Mom was taking pictures instead of keeping her out of the water. It was totally pay back. When we were little and would go for walks on the beach me and my sister, Jenny, would always "accidentally" fall in.

It reallly was an awesome service and several of our members mentioned wanting to do it again before it gets too cold.


TUESDAY: (Nothing much happened on Monday) The kids were out of school for fall break so I loaded up to take them to the park. I plopped myself in one of the swings to read my "Murder, She Wrote" book and the kids took off for the playground. Anyone who remembers that Eli had a pirate party at that park may like to know that my kids still find hidden coins in the sand there. :) At one point Eli came up to me and asked if he could run laps around the soccer field. Seriously? Sometimes I don't know where that child came from. He loves to run AND  wake up early. I'm tempted at times to think he was switched at birth. Except for our shared love of cherries.  And the fact that he is a complete miniature version of my husband. I'm pretty sure we're safe. :) After heading to Mr. Cheap Butts for some drinks and chips we had a very nutritious lunch. Then, it was time to head to Panama to deliver another puppy. Yes, folks, we are down to 1 puppy!

I was a little apprehensive about this delivery as we had quite the experience with our last delivery. I debated blogging about it because, well, it was pretty disgusting. You see, when we delivered Monkey (the day before I left on my girl's weekend) the person also asked us to bring Brownie just in case they decided they wanted her, too. On our almost 3 hour round trip we took what I like to call the "Tour de Panama City Car Washes". Oh.My.Word. Let me back up and tell you how that trip started. As we were walking out the door I asked Josh, "Should we grab some towels?" In a very fateful moment he answered, "Nah, it'll be fine." Now, I am one who believes in respecting my husband and following his direction. HOWEVER, I have never regretted a decision so much in my life!!!!!!!! Let's just say that our trip can be described in three words: 1. Poop  2. Puke  3. Drool.   And repeat. It was tragic. Then, the lady didn't want Brownie, so we had to travel back with her. She was so scared. She drooled straight through my jeans. After a stop at Chick-Fil-A (I still to this day have no idea how we had any appetite whatsoever) she puked on Kate's pant leg. My poor child. Needless to say, when we loaded up Brownie for this trip I TOOK LOTS OF TOWELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And.....we didn't need them. She didn't get sick once. My favorite moment of the trip was when the guy who was meeting us called and said, "Is this the lady with the dog?"  My new identity. The lady with the dog. :) If I teach you anything on this blog, let it be this-DON'T TRAVEL WITH DOGS WITHOUT TOWELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One puppy down, we headed to my Mom's to hang out with her and Phil. We went to Wingo's for supper and they have the BEST sour cream and chive fries ever. We delivered a puppy. I didn't cook supper. My Mom entertained the kids for a few hours. I considered it a very successful day. :)

WEDNESDAY: We loaded up the family to visit the courthouse. Don't worry, we just had to get a paper notarized and Josh had to turn in his paperwork to be certified to do pre-marital counseling in Florida. As we went in Sarah asked, "Haven't we been to a courthouse with Mommy?"  Oh dear. I had almost forgotten about that. It's a long story, but to sum it up, I got a ticket in Mississippi because my tag was expired and I got the one judge that wouldn't let me just take in my paperwork showing it had been renewed. I had to actually go before him. Josh couldn't get out of school or work or whatever he had going on so I took my 3 children ages 6,4 and 1 at the time, to the courthouse. It was actually my very first day of homeschooling and I thought it was the perfect civics lesson. NOT! Y'all, I got kicked out of the courtroom. I had no idea that there would actually be a DUI case being tried that we would have to sit through. Kate started squirming and whining in her stroller and the prosecutor politely asked me to wait outside. I'd never been so relieved in my life. I didn't know I had the option to wait outside. I thought they might arrest me and my kids if I left the room. Needless to say, when Sarah mentioned that visit it brought back some traumatic memories! For anyone keeping a running tally my children have had me kicked out of a wedding, a hospital and a courtroom.

THURSDAY: Today started with me heading to a dr.'s appointment. The card said it was on the 22nd. So, of course I went on the 21st. :)  I later found out it was actually supposed to be yesterday. Go figure. This was also an exciting day of grocery shopping and petite ballet. We've started looking at dance costumes for ou end of the year recital and I'm so excited I can't stand it. How fun is it that I get to pick my girl's costumes? Tonight we had a nice shower for one of our church members who is getting married soon. I so enjoyed visiting with our ladies and eating some yummy food. I just had to tell you about my necklace that got lots of attention. You may have seen it in this picture.
Okay, that is a terrible picture of me, but I wanted you to see the necklace. Pretty big, yes? Well, as I was about to head out the door I asked Josh the very important question, "Are these pants too tights?" as I turned for him to check. Before he could respond Sarah walked in and said, "That's a big....."  Well, you know what I'm thinking as I am turned for my backside to be examined in these pants. She finished, "necklace". Whew! What a relief. They say the bigger the hair, the closer to God. I say, the bigger the necklace, the less focus on other parts!!!!!!!! My jewelry will just get bigger from here on out!
Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy every minute of it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

hahahaha...btw - when I do come to see you, I have to try sour cream and chive fries - I've heard you talk about them forever and it always makes me hungry! :) One more thing...Mr. Cheap Butts???? Seriously???

Melody said...

You crack me up! Love the communion service on the beach....how awesome. I've always wanted to do that but never have had the opportunity to do so. Loved your Mom snapping pics of the kids falling in the water. Hilarious! Grandmother's are the best. They are every kid's needed break, ya know what I mean?