Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today Was A Great Day, Huh?


Sarah is still in her "writing it all out" phase, but she has gone from the calendar to a notebook. She showed this to me tonight and I had to agree. It was a great day! After dealing with some non-life threatening, but very frustrating health issues for the last few months, I have been so excited to get some relief over the last couple of weeks. I excitedly told Josh tonight, "It feels so good to not feel bad!" It has just been awesome to have energy and be able to keep up with my housework and feel like I even have time and energy to play a little. After taking Sarah to dance class Josh and I had an impromptu kickball game in the church parking lot with Eli and Kate. It was so funny. I had no idea where the bases were and once I figured it out and made it to third base Kate just ran straight to me. Then she yelled, "I need my purse!!" She's my girl. :) The weather was just absolutely gorgeous and we decided to head to the park. It has been awhile since we've gone and it wsa so nice to sit on the swing with Josh and chat while the kids played. And not sweat like a man. I love summer, but I've really been over the whole sweating like a man thing, y'know?

Here are some pics of our fun at the park.

After Sarah got home we had some red beans and rice and cornbread. And it was good and felt perfect for fall weather! I am already anticipating lots of taco soup and chili on the menu in the weeks to come. Then it was time to head to a middle school football game. Josh's youth minister growing up is now a football coach and had let Josh know that they would be playing in our town tonight. Despite the fact that it didn't start until 7:00 and that is what time little Fidler children start turning into pumpkins around here, we decided to go. As I've often shared, I'm not much of a football fan. I am CLUELESS about most of what is going on and I don't consider it a real football game unless there is a band. So, I did what I do when I get bored. I took pictures. I keep thinking that  maybe if I get obnoxious enough Josh will cave and get me a data plan on my phone so I can FB or blog instead of embarrassing him with the camera. But I doubt it. :)

Me and my precious Sarah B. I spent the night sharing my vast knowledge of football with her. Like doing spirit fingers during kickoff, clapping when injured players walk off the field and screaming when the other people on your side scream. One of my favorite things is when people start cheering for certain people and I can join in. Like tonight we cheered for JJ. I don't have a clue who JJ is, but man we yelled for him!

Sarah spent her night trying to bribe me to get her some nachos even though Josh had laid down the law about the concession stand before the game. I had to agree that a game with no band or concession stand was pretty much torture, but I had to set a good example and follow the rules too. Eli LOVED the game and actually watched what was going on. I guess because he's a boy.


Kate just wanted to be wherever Eli was. Even if it meant pretending to watch the game.

                            
                                    Eventually she could no longer fake her interest. This is what ensued....



 It looked really fun and at one point I was bored enough to join her, but I could just imagine men in white coats standing over me saying, "Don't worry, these pills will make you feel all better". So, I abstained.

By the end of the night Kate ended up in my lap and our friend's team started scoring. It was actually pretty exciting. But everytime we would cheer Kate would smile really big and ask, "Is it over?"  She is SO my child!!!

We had to leave before the game ended, but I left feeling all pumped. I'm ready to go to a high school game now. Our school colors here are purple and gold. And purple is sooooo my color. :) 

Today was a great day!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love it!! :D

Lori said...

That DOES sound like a great day!! By the way, you and Karen may want to make sure we're not around a tv anywhere from 2:30 - 6:00 on Saturday b/c I might not be able to keep myself from watching the Tide roll:) You probably wouldn't enjoy but I can PROMISE you that you would NOT be bored watching an Alabama football game with me!! I could give you blogging material for a year all by myself in that situation:)

Anonymous said...

purple is my color too! sounds like fun. brings back memories of HS. i agree. it's not a football game without a marching band and of course the dancers too!