Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Too Hot to Fish, Too Hot for Golf, and Too Tired to Blog

Is anybody else wore out? I mean WORE. SLAP. OUT? Or is just me? I tell ya, I don't know if it's the heat, the going non-stop, the cleaning up after 3 kids and 8 dogs, or if I'm just the laziest person ever, but I am tired.

This morning I had the wonderful opportunity to take all 3 of my children to the dr. Well, Kate was just along for the ride. Sarah and Eli had to have physicals and Eli was supposed to get shots, but we learned he will have to go back on Monday due to a scheduling issue. Which turned out to be good, because we were there for 3 hours just for the physicals. It is so much fun to wrangle children in a dr's exam room. I mean, it is like totally one of my favorite things to do on early Wednesday mornings. There are just only so many ways you can entertain yourself in an exam room. Kate's way was to walk around with a plastic model of different sized prostates and say "Smell dis?" Um, no, but thanks for asking anyway.  I tell ya, I don't know what I'm going to do with her.

Other random things I would like to share with you while completely exhausted:

-The other day we saw a boat out in the bay carrying a porta potty. That was all. Oh, what I would have given to have my camera with me. If we ever get a boat (which Josh has started talking about a lot lately, but I kindly remind him that a boat will have to wait until we outgrow needing things like groceries and electricity), we will have to get an extra one to tote a porta potty for  me.

-We just spent Sun. through Tues. in Georgia with my sister and her family and my Mom, brother and Mamaw. I took the kids by myself for their first meeting with their new cousin. I will post a pic in a little bit if I don't forget. But there's a chance I will. Anyway, on our way home last night we stopped at a convenience store (actually we stopped at 3, but who was counting? See, we really do need our own porta potty...). The kids had $2 a piece and they were really wanting to spend it. I told Sarah she could pick out something that was less than two dollars. Well, I saw her eyeing some candy but she kept walking away from it. Then, I heard her tell Eli, "We can't get that, it's $89." Say what????? I wondered if while we were in the bathroom we had been tranpsorted to the year 3045, and then I realized what was going on. I explained that it was 89 cents. You would think that since I'm her mother, I'm older and wiser, and I was even her math teacher this last year (yes, I do know what you are thinking) that she would listen to me. Nah. She argued. "It says it's $89." So, right then and there we had a little math lesson pointing out the decimal sign. She was relieved. Me too. Man, I could be skinny if Twix bars cost $89!!!!!

-Okay, I thought I had more interesting (random?) things to tell you, but if I did I can't remember them. So, I'm gonna share some pictures. Unless I fall asleep while uploading them. Are we having fun yet?


                       The cousins finally meet! What a total coincidence that they all had cute, matching clothes! ;)
               I made Luke hold onto Sarah's arm because it was the only way we could keep him in place!!!


I don't even know what to say.....
                                                   Look at that country girl!
                                                     Gonna have to work on those driving skills....

This is what happened when I wanted a pic with just my kids. Luke didn't want anything to do with pictures until this one. :)


The girls! You will very rarely find me without my camera and a Diet Coke. :)

Have I mentioned that I adore my brother and sister?!?

This pic is in honor of my first car, the little red rocket. It had a headlight duct taped on. I'm not even kidding.
          You can take the girl out of Mississippi, but she'll still end up barefoot with a gun in Georgia. :)

Finally, I just had to share a picture of one of my sweet conversations with Lyla. She loves to talk to me. We discussed how I'm not a phone person and she's not really either, so we're going to have to work on that. Then I told her that she should always touch up her roots before family get togethers where there will be massive picture taking going on. Not that I know that from experience. I would NEVER go visit my family with roots looking like that!!!!! (Um, please don't look at this pic too close....)
Okay, thanks for suffering through this batch of randomness and obnoxious picture sharing. Hope you all are having a great week. May your trips to the health department be few and may your Route44 cups overflow with your favorite cold beverage! What are some of the ways you are staying cool this summer????

2 comments:

Cathy Lewis said...

1- stay inside where the A/C works good, and if I am sweating up a blue streak--I sit in the recliner with a box fan on High pointing right at me---along with a wet cold washcloth to wipe my face.
2- get in the pool---but haven't been in it for about 3 weeks due to this space boot I am wearing--but tomorrow---I will (cause me and Jonathan have to mow grass and I will be so ready to just fall in it when we are done.
3- eat a popsicle (of any kind) my favorite ones are the ones with 2 sticks, and I usually eat 2 back to back...

Lori said...

I thought I commented here earlier?? First, my husband would correct you quickly and tell you that it's NEVER too hot for golf!! (or too cold for golf, or too wet for golf, or too late in the day for golf, etc. etc. etc.:)

I loved this lighthearted post and what great, beautiful pictures!! I just like you more and more and if I get tired of waiting on October, I'm going to load my kid up and just show up on your doorstep one day! I'm not much for the phone either but we can call Karen and have her lunch with us via blackberry:)