Thursday, July 8, 2010

Take You For A Ride On My Big Green Tractor

July 8th we celebrate two birthdays in our family. My Mamaw and my nephew Luke. You're not supposed to share a woman's age, but Luke is 2!!!! My sister will tell you that he is for sure 2 now. Seems like just yesterday I was getting a call at the beach house we were staying at with our youth group telling me that Luke had made his arrival in the world. Mamaw was beside herself that he shares her birthday.

I just couldn't let this day pass by without sending out big birthday wishes and showing you the most unbelievably adorable nephew an aunt could have! See what I mean!!


Luke is all boy and already a little heartbreaker. There is actually a picture of him driving around a little girl in a bikini, but I don't know her parents so I decided against posting that one. Actually, I didn't ask my sister if I could post this one. Is it okay Jenny?

I just heart this little boy and I can't tell you how much I pray that he will adore me as he gets older and think I'm the coolest aunt ever. He is a military kid and we're a ministry family so there is no telling where the roads in our lives will lead. I don't know if I will get the chance to cheer him on at t-ball games or see him open many birthday presents in person. I just hope he always knows I carry him in my heart. I hope he'll look forward to summer visits with my kids. I hope he'll want to tell Uncle Josh about his ballgames. I hope he'll want to call and tell me how not cool his parents are (really, at some point I am going to become the cool one. It has to happen eventually.) And one day, I hope he'll want my advice when he really does want to tell a girl, "I'll take you for a ride on my big green tractor." :)

For now, I'll just settle for sweet smiles and slobbery sugars. Love you Luke! Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Luke!!