Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Crisis Situation

So, as y'all know I am deep in preparation for dance camp. Which means I have Kidz Bop songs stuck in my head and I break out in hip hop moves in the kitchen. (That reminds me, I have GOT to get blinds for that window.....)

Well, music is always such a big thing. Finding music that has the perfect beat and doesn't leave 5 year olds asking "What's the po po?" is a hard job. Not hard like performing brain surgery or being an astronaut or anything. Just hard.

I was so excited yesterday. I finally had my playlist compiled and Josh was working on burning it onto a CD for me. I thought all was well in the world. We were calmy having a conversation when I asked if the CD was done. Josh calmly told me it wasn't going to work. I uncalmly lost it. "WHAT???? WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WON'T WORK????? I NEED THAT MUSIC!!!!!!!"  Then, I said it. "THIS IS A CRISIS!" You may be laughing thinking I was saying that jokingly. Oh, I wish. I wish I had laughed it off. I didn't. I really, sure as day, said, "THIS IS A CRISIS!" My husband looked at me as if to say, 'I was pretty sure I married a girl with only one head and I'm pretty sure she didn't breathe fire.' He just quietly got up, went outside, got on the lawn mower and cut the grass.

I calmed down and the grass got cut. Josh came back in and figured out another way to do the CD. I decided about 7:00 to take some Midol and go to bed. This morning I woke up and the world seemed better. I was thinking about my little outburst and I had to tell God thank you. Really, I am pretty spoiled and blessed if a music CD is a crisis situation in my life right now. Thank you Father!

No comments: