Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Because, Like

My sweet girls are 5 years apart in age, but they are both expanding their vocabulary on a daily basis. Sarah's new favorite word is "Like" as in "I was, like, gonna eat my snack, but like, I didn't have time." Kate's new word is "Because". Everything is because. Like tonight when Sarah commented on the fact that it is torture sleeping with Kate every night (they have their own beds, but Kate doesn't seem aware of this fact). Kate responded with, "Because, because, I bonk you on your butt."  That explains it all, right folks?

Well, I thought I would give you an update on our lives in the words of Kate and Sarah.

*Like, we have got to get rid of these 7 puppies because, like, I have got to repaint and refloor the playroom before Kate's birthday this weekend.

                         Softee says, "PLEASE, LIKE, TAKE ME HOME WITH YOU!!!!!!"
* Like, our church people are so sweet because they gave Josh a surprise birthday party after church the other night. Are you impressed I was able to keep it a secret??? Well, like don't be too impressed. It was because I kept forgetting about it!!!! The kids and I also ALMOST MISSED IT! We were headed out the door Sunday night and the bottom fell out. Like, I wasn't willing to run to the church because, I like, didn't feel like getting struck by lightening.  We finally risked it though because, like, we had to be there!





* Today I am like totally ill because I took some medicine to help me sleep last night and I am, like, STILL waiting for it to wear off!!! I took it because I've been in pain. I mentioned I thought it was sad that I may have injured myself in the 3-4 year old tap/ballet class. Like, Josh was a total smart butt and asked if it was from head, shoulders, knees and toes, jumping like a frog or popping like a pea. I, like,  told him I was gonna pop him like a pea!!!!! The truth is that last week my little 8 year old assistant asked me why I couldn't touch my toes to my head. I should have responded with because, like, duh I'm old and out of shape and like, who does that anyway????? Instead, I tried extra hard to do it. Because, like, I usedta could. But, like, I totally can't now.

*My son like, just asked me where he could take a bath tonight because the bathtub is dirty. I suggested that maybe we should clean the bathtub. Nah, he didn't like that idea. Like, why clean his bathtub when he can just use mine right?

*Like, I am trying to increase the iron in my diet because I found out I'm really anemic. Like, when I told the dr. I'm tired all the time she informed me it's because I don't, like, have enough blood in my body. So, I am like so excited because I have fallen in love with Nutella, almond butter and cherries. (Not together) Did you know that cherry pie filling has iron in it?????? So, like, I eat cherry pie filling for medical reasons now. :)

*Like, I'm gonna stop now because I'm annoying myself and like, other than dance class and eating all forms of nuts all I have done is laundry, because like, apparently all we do around here is change clothes. Like, I hope you are having a great week because you deserve it! :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

The girls are like totally speaking my language now because I find like this vocabulary very irratating to my husband which is big fun:) Very cool cake by the way!! I've always thought you could tell how cool a person is by the kind of birthday cake someone makes them - this reasoning probably tells a lot about my own coolness factor:)

Karen said...

The news that cherry pie filling has iron is, like, totally the best news I've heard all day! :)