Monday, August 16, 2010

Can You Believe I Get Paid to Do This?????

So today was the first day of dance classes at our brand spankin' new dance studio. I had the wonderful opportunity to teach the very first class. It just so happened to be Kate's very first dance class as well. A prouder moment in my life you would be hard pressed to find.  After picking the kids up from school Josh dropped us off at the dance studio. I wrapped my ballet skirt, slipped on my shoes, put my baby's hair in a bun and laid out my CD's for the class. You tell me, whilst packing for your workday have you also gathered a beach ball, Scooby-Doo snacks, stickers and hair nets? Just curious.....

I made sure we got there pleny early 1. to ease my nerves and make sure I wasn't running around like a crazy person throwing hair nets and spraying parents with hairspray and 2. so that I would have ample time to take pics of my youngest in all of her dancing glory. You know there is no activity under the Fidler sun that goes unphotographed. :)  (Well, there used to be a lot if I forgot my camera, but NOW I have learned to upload pics from my phone! Yes, please feel free to throw me a party welcoming me to the 21st century.)


Okay, so it's a little blurry. I did not say I had mastered my phone picture taking skills.

I wanted a pic of her in her ballet shoes but she insisted on wearing her "high heels".

No, I didn't get a single one of her smiling, but I love Eli in the background of this one. :)

                                        I started dancing when I was Kate's age. Full circle moment!


God is so good! I don't know about the girls, but I had the best time. I think the girls did too. Well, maybe not Kate. She was the only one who wouldn't cooperate. She didn't do the first thing in ballet or tap. Wouldn't even march in our little parade when we got to play really fun instruments. Maybe next week....

She finally decided to join us when we were doing backbends. Then she took over the mat doing front rolls.  Thankfully I had finally gotten her out of her "high heels" for that part.

After an hour and a half of walking like ballerinas, doing the twist, rolling like logs and ending with some fruit snacks all I could think was, 'Really, I get paid for this?' Wow, I'm blessed!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I think you both look really FANTASTIC in your leotards!! Congrats to you on a wonderful experience!!