Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stranger Than Fiction

I present to you: My life in pictures. My crazy, creepy, strange, weird life.

First, a picture my husband posted on FB. He hasn't added the first picture of me or the kids yet. But a fast food restaurant sign? Oh yeah.....


Now, I give you a picture of the porta potty on a boat I told you about. Josh got behind the truck towing it on the bridge. Do you love that my hubby proudly brings me pics of porta potties? Me too.

On a random note (more random than the rest of this so far) I am showing you a pic of my son's underwear. Because they creep me out. Are there any other Moms of little boys that just can't adjust to greeting these faces in the laundry room? Creeps me out everytime.... On a side note, did I tell y'all about the day that Kate had a TOTAL meltodown in Kohl's over a pack of boys Scooby-Doo underwear? Probably not, I think my brain has just now unrepressed that memory.

Finally,I would like to share a pic from a very special moment in mine and Josh's relationship. I surprised him last night with a baby-sitter (thanks T!) and a night out. I took him to the restaurant we went to that very first birthday I celebrated with him. I have a cool story to tell about that, but tonight I am just going to share this picture.


In case you are currently scratching your head and asking (as Kate would) "What's in the world?" let me explain. We dined at Black Angus in Panama City, which is actually a very fine dining establishment. I got some of the best coconut shrimp ever made. But somehow, in a divine seating arrangement that could only happen to me, I sat down and turned to look out the window only to be greeted by......Humpty Dumpty. FOR REAL! I spent a great deal of time examining him and would you believe that we both do our eyeliner and lipstick the same way? My lips are missing in this picture because I had just inhaled my shrimp and baked potato. Is it just me or does it look like Humpty Dumpty is shocked by my presence in his life? Or that perhaps he is ogling me? I just thought all those men on Eli's underwear were creepy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Jack has SOME underwear with characters, but he mostly wears solid colors (and boxer briefs mostly) b/c WHY would anyone wear Buzz and Nemo on their bottoms right??

Also, one of mine and Ben's favorite steakhouses in Houston has this humongous yellow plastic duck outside in the parking lot. There is no explanation for it and by huge, I mean, you couldn't climb up on him if you wanted to. It's a very nice resturant, but there's this duck.

Also, all Ben's fb pictures of me and Jack are b/c I tagged him in them, but he has TONS of the Alabama football team.

Having said that, I wonder what it means that your life doesn't seem that strange to me??? :)

Karen said...

Can I just say, I never thought of Humpty Dumpty as creepy before, good grief - I might have requested a new table - oh well, at least it was just a creepy statue, not a real life creepy person... :) I must say, you do lead a rather "interesting" life...