Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Move in Pictures

I have been exhausted and feeling bad all day so it makes perfect sense that I would be up blogging at 12:44, right? Well, since I'm up pretending to understand the football language Josh is speaking to me I thought I would illustrate my last post with some pics. I hope it brings greater meaning into your life. :)
This is me on "loading the truck" day aka "Day of Misery" eating my last cheeseburger from Jerry's. So, so sad. My heart was breaking. My thighs will thank me though.

I had a bright spot in my day of misery when Santanna stopped by to visit. I love Miss Santanna. She practically raised my children for the months Josh and I were both working and Eli would still not be potty trained if it weren't for her. I tried desperately to recruit her to move with me and be my nanny, but apparently she wants to have a life or something. :)

Another bright spot was when Karen came. I thought she was just going to keep me company while I finished packing, but really she ended up doing most of the packing. This girl knows how to get 'er done!! This is another pic for our collection of moving day pics. :)


This is Daisy's boyfriends, Rebel. He was hanging out in the yard while we loaded up. Poor guy.
:(



The Truck


I thought I was going to have to choose between taking Kate or our clothes, but thankfully we found a place for everyone and everything. :)

Once we were in our new home we had to christen it. Here is Kate with the first injury in our new home requiring the ER. We don't waste any time y'all. (BTW, her owie was on what Sarah used to call her "not nice finger.")

She was a trooper! She racked up with the goodies too!! Do you see the band-aid on her teddy bear? She insisted on that. :)


Kate, Sarah Beth and Eli on our first Sunday morning at Highland View Baptist Church. We moved into eastern time and started on daylight savings time. We were STRUGGLIN'!!! But we made it!
My sister came into town for her baby shower and we realized that this was the first time ever that my nephew Luke had been to my house. Not just my new house, but to my house at all! Of course that meant I had to have a picture. He looks thrilled, doesn't he? :)


4 comments:

Lori said...

I would think that Karen would know how to move!!

So glad you're back in the blogging world!

Karen said...

We really have to start taking pictures of us when we are dressed up...people are going to think I always look like I just climbed out of bed...wait...never mind...

III said...

Eastern Time AND Daylight Savings Time. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Reading this makes me so sad.
I hate that yall are gone. I love you to death Mrs. Emily. Brother Josh and yourself was always there when I needed any advice or just someone to talk to. I absolutely love your kids and I will miss those smiling faces dearly. I just would like to make it very clear that now I have a reason to come to Florida=)