Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm Moving, Daddy

Guess what Dad? I'm moving. Again. To Port St. Joe! Can you believe that? I hadn't told you that it was even a possibility because I didn't want to get your hopes up in case it didn't work out. But it did work out and we will be living a block from the Gulf of Mexico. Don't you know the kids are going to love it this summer? Well, that is if I'm not to lazy to lug them and a bunch of stuff to the beach. You know me and my lazy self. I'm not sure what hurricane season will be like, but the pastorium and the church seem to have held up pretty well so far. Hurricane season won't be the same without you. :)

As I was packing up the kitchen at 2:00 this morning I thought about how much I wish I could call you and get a pep talk. You would tell me one of your hilarious moving stories and tell me to hang in there. You would probably remind me of the time you and Josh moved our 800 pound sectional and the washer/dryer UPSTAIRS to our first apartment. You would say again how grateful you were that Josh helped you move out of the house on Old Bicycle. We would laugh about the night we thought our bladders were going to burst and the three vehicles moving us were going to run out of gas before we made it to the house we had never seen in Enterprise. I would tease you about the fact that you and Mr. Bucky were too chicken to stay in the hotmess of a house we moved into. :)

I've wondered if God has told you about our move. If it does your heart good to know that we will be close to Mama and that Sarah has already planned dinner and movie dates with her. That Josh is planning to help Philip work on his brakes. Phil is doing an amazing job taking care of Mama and I know you are proud. I hope it does your heart good to know that we are all going to be there to give Jenny a baby shower soon. She's having a girl, Dad and her name is going to be Lyla Grace. Isn't that the sweetest, most southern name you've ever heard? I know your first words to Jenny would have been, "Alright! We're gonna have a little Jenny girl."

I also wonder if it does your heart good to know that you won't have to break your back moving furniture this time. It's okay, I too will appreciate the day I get to move into my Heavenly home and STAY THERE!!! I often have to remind myself that you have moved into your Heavenly home. Life has been so hectic and crazy that at times it's easy to think you are still in P.C. Like we just haven't had a chance to talk or the internet has been down. Sometimes I will stop for a second and think "My Dad is dead." It just doesn't seem real. I know it will when we move. The last time we were in Panama City (when the Saints won the Super Bowl!!!!) I realized that there isn't a square inch of that city that doesn't hold a memory of you. I sure was looking forward to renewing our Saturday morning breakfast ritual at Burger King. But I know you are enjoying a feast I can't imagine and I have to lay off of the fast food anyway. Can you imagine the things we will have to discuss when we are reunited at that table??

We miss you Daddy. Sarah Beth is practically grown and just the sweetest thing. She has come a long way since the terrible 2's and the night you had to intervene and save her from my wrath. Well, actually there were many of those times. She will probably never drink a Sprite without thinking about you. Eli is still addicted to Movie Gallery and still thinks every object is fit to be a ball or bat. He was lifting my handweights the other night and told me "I'm getting ready for Keeley." Ha! The girls here are still crazy about him and chase him down any chance they get. You really wouldn't believe Kate. She asks to call Pappy all the time. She saw your picture and said, "Pappy cute." She is just a mess. The last time we were with Jenny, Dillon and Luke she told Luke, "Don't take my chips baby!" You would have been proud. Nobody was gonna mess with her chips! :)

Well, I've got to get back to 8 million loads of laundry and packing. Do we have to do laundry in Heaven? Just curious....

I love you Daddy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

em, all i can say is i love you. please know that this really touched my heart and i've been thinking of you and your family. they always say that the hardest days after losing someone are not the days surrounding the funeral when lots of family and friends are around, but when it all starts to sink in. oh , btw, if you find out the answer to whether or not there is laundry in heaven, please let us all know. hee hee.