Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Peek in the Pick-Up

If you have read my blog much at all you know that car problems are like holidays at our house. They come regularly and usually cost way more than we anticipated. Well, Josh's beloved Monte Carlo bit the dust, I mean has been resting in the yard for quite a while now. Josh has assured me that it will one day be worth millions AFTER we barter a few of our children and some homemade pies to pay for the parts. Anyway, to remedy the car situation while his car "rests" and waits for us to hit the jackpot, we bought a truck from one of our church members for Josh to have to get around in. It has seen better days, y'all. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure it will still be running long after we have taken up residence in rocking chairs at the nursing home. It's just one of those kind of trucks.
So, right now the Jeep is awaiting it's annual brake repair, because in case you haven't noticed we just keep driving that thing to the ends of the earth and back. While it is "resting" I took the truck to Wal-Mart tonight. After that I stopped by Sonic to get Josh and myself a drink. After I placed my order I looked over at the seat beside me and LAUGHED OUT LOUD! I had to call Josh. Here is what I had to tell him: "Josh, I just had to call and give you a visual. I am sitting in the truck with a huge thing of toilet paper, some hair dye, and some pull-ups ." In case you don't find this funny I am including pics of the truck. Really, I am officially a country girl now. :)
As if that weren't enough you must know that there is a bumper sticker on the back that says "Mississippi Terrorist Hunting Permit". For real!! Isn't that awesome? All you terrorist out there better be scared of me! I will for sure beat you senseless with my purse!!
It might not be much to look at, but I have to tell you I am falling in love with this truck. It was pretty fun driving the country roads with the windows rolled down and the radio turned up. And did you see the moon tonight?? AMAZING!
p.s. I hope I don't cause any jealousy out there for anybody else who wishes they had this bumper sticker. I'm sorry, not everybody can be as cool as us....

2 comments:

Karen said...

LOL!! BTW: I love driving AJs truck - I am bigger than most everyone on the road and I can see for miles. (I do not love the "love your truck" comments from the creepy men at the gas station.) However, if I am ever attacked while in the truck I definately have the advantage.

Lori said...

Love this!!