Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Puppy Love

My dog has a boyfriend. Seriously. His name is Rebel. Don't you love that? Are we southern or what? Daisy and Rebel. :) Around here we have what we call "neighborhood dogs" who just roam around. They are all boys. All of them! So as you can imagine, Daisy has become pretty popular. The thing is she is never out without one of us walking her on a leash. At least she is not supposed to be. While all of the boys are quite interested in Daisy, none of them show the devotion that Rebel does. He waits for her to come out, y'all!


Well, at first Daisy did not seem to share the affection but the past two days she has escaped to find him!! Yesterday I had to do a mile jog through the neighborhood in my pajamas to catch her. A girl could use the chance to put on appropriate undergarments before a jog if you know what I mean. I also made the incredibly wise decision to put on my flip flops instead of my running shoes and I was one hot, grumpy, out of breath mama when I finally caught her. Rebel walked the whole way home with us. I was fussing at them the whole time, but he stayed with us until we got to the house. Then he even waited outside!


Today Josh had the honor of the chase. Of course she only went to the church across the street. That's where the boy dogs hang out. Josh was so mad at those dogs. I don't know if I've ever seen him that way. He was going on and on about those dogs messing with Daisy and I was listening intently and agreeing. Then he said, "Those dogs want what all boy dogs want." HAHAHA!! I lost it at that point. I had an instant image of the boy dogs hiding out with magazines of girl dogs. Of the dogs slapping paws. It just cracked me up. I couldn't help it. Josh was still not amused. He is taking the task of protecting our Daisy's virtue and reputation very seriously. It instantly made me fear for the safety of any boys who like Sarah or Kate in the future. I've prayed for their future husbands since both of them were born. I think now I will start praying for those boy's protection!!!!!!!


And they call it puppy love..........
Here is Daisy loving on Josh. He is telling her that no matter how much she sucks up she still can't see Rebel. Oh yea, I really wanted a pic of Daisy and Rebel together, but Josh would not allow it!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Too Funny!!

Lauran said...

Haha.. poor girl ♥ Your story gave me a good laugh : )

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Love your site! Blessings!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

My Daisy let her boyfriend visit her late at night. She got pregnant and we sent her away to the countryside (my dad's) to have her babies quietly.

She still hasn't been allowed home..lol How's that for tough love?