Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Take a Chill Pill

Oh dear. Leave it to me. Apparently after my last post I had some people anxiously awaiting a grand announcement from the Fidler household. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting, but I just feel terrible to have to let you know that the "exciting" breaking news is really just a cute prank in the town of Montrose, that truthfully will probably not be that interesting to y'all at all. Well, I guess maybe this encourages me that I have what it takes to write teasers for the news stations. :)

The truth is this may be the most non-exciting, non-news breaking summer of our lives. Pretty much every summer since we've been married we've been moving, having babies, graduating from college, or changing jobs. None of that now. In fact, I have become concerned that we might need someone to intervene and drag the Fidler 5 out of our lazy summer day routine. I am someone who LOVES to have lazy days of reading, movie watching, and just hanging out. However, even I have reached a point I never knew was possible for me. I'm kind of bored.

I so hate to say that because for so long I have dreamt of a slower pace with less stress. God has granted us that right now, but I almost don't know what to do with myself! The problem is, even if I WANT to enjoy laying around and hanging out, I always FEEL like I should be doing something else. Feeding the world, adopting orphans, cleaning my room. Y'know, stuff like that. We are just in a transition phase right now. Well, nothing is really transitioning other than our hearts. We are really unsure of the plans God has for us. Josh still hasn't found a job to replace his Hospice job and so we are waiting for a new job, a new direction, or for God to assure us that we can live on what He is providing right now. I was desperately hoping the phone would ring today with some exciting news I could pass along. It didn't. Kate did go pee pee in the potty once though!!!

I really would appreciate your prayers though. Josh did get a raise at the church and that was a huge blessing. The most difficult part is just feeling we might be on the verge of breaking news and then it not happening. Yesterday I really felt like God told me something I often have to tell my children. "Will you just take a chill pill?" Okay, so I'm sure God doesn't speak in those terms, but it is basically the idea that it is going to work out and I just need to enjoy the lazy summer days He has given us this summer. I pray that I can quit obsessing about what might be and soak up every minute I have to spend with Josh and our kids.

So sorry to disappoint. I'll just leave you with this. Stay Tuned!!!!!!!

3 comments:

III said...

I'll start praying for Josh again.

And I'll be hoping that you guys come to savor your slower season of life here.

Lori said...

I'm going to pray for you guys right now!!

Enjoy the slow days - they don't stay slow for long:)

Lauran said...

In our prayers! I was wondering about your NEWS, hehe :)