Thursday, July 16, 2009

Beautiful Feet


This is one of my favorite pictures from the wedding. Isn't that weird? Well, I am weird! This is me, Leah, and her other bridesmaid Amber showing off our matching toes. The other night while washing dishes I noticed the picture I have standing in our kitchen window. It was given to us not long after we answered God's call to move to Mississippi. It has two verses:

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim salvation and say...
OUR GOD REIGNS!"
Isaiah 52:7
"Go into all the world and preach the Gospel, serving where God has sent you."
based on Matthew 28:19
When I read those words I remembered that picture. While Leah and Amber do have very beautiful feet :), the real beauty is that they will be proclaiming the good news where God is sending them. Two days after the wedding Amber and her family packed up and moved to Mississippi to follow God's plan for them. (Seems like moving to Mississippi is the cool thing to do. :) Leah will soon follow her groom to Aviano, Italy. I know God has special plans for them and they will be in my prayers as they seek to find their place in their new homes and serve our Father in all the world!
While thinking about this I also realized that 4 of my blogging buddies have recently followed God in big steps of faith. I ask that you join me in praying for them. My friend Karen is serving the next two weeks in Ukraine assisting with eye exams and sharing the gospel. Philip is currently on a mission trip to Guyanna (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) and the Middleton family will soon be moving to complete a year long internship on church planting. Amanda is a very special college student who came to help lead our youth's disciple now weekend. She is currently working with orphans in Uganda. I feel like it is such an honor to know so many who are serving our Lord and seeking His Will. It is so fun to pray with my kids for real people we really know who are serving in so many different ways.
As if all of that wasn't enough, the Friday of the wedding rehearsal I got a text message that said, "My little girl just asked Jesus into her heart at CiCi's!" I could not for the life of me figure out who it was from, but I rejoiced anyway. We were eating at a CiCi's when God told us to move to Mississippi. So if you're waiting for a Word from Him you might want to head out for some pizza. :) I later found out the text was from my friend Kim. Her daughter, Camber, had prayed to recieve Christ right there in the restaurant. I am so proud to not only have friends serving around the world and the country, but also friends who are being missionaries in their own homes and leading their own babies to Christ!
Okay. I just had to brag on everybody. I am surrounded by so many beautiful feet!!!

No comments: