Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our Honeymoon Part 2: A Wonder Full Day!!

I stayed up way too late the first night we were there. You see, we don't have cable at our house and I really am fine with that. But when I go somewhere that has cable I am just completely overwhelmed by all of the shows to watch (most aren't worth watching), but what I am saying here is that I became mesmerized and stayed up too late watching TV. :)

The next morning I slept in and Josh hung out in the hottub and played pool. I finally got up and got around to getting ready and it was then that I realized I could not find my hair straightner. Josh looked everywhere for me and when we accepted that I had forgotten it he solemnly asked, "Are you going to be okay?" LOL! I love it! Only my man would understand what a serious, emotionally distressing situation this was. Of course, he is the one who has to look at me when my hair is not fixed. That's why he understands! I assured him that I would be fine. I set about trying to blow dry my hair straight with a round bush. It took hours (it felt like) and I alternately dropped the hair dryer or the brush quite a few times. That is why you will notice that my hair is in a ponytail the rest of the day!

We had lunch at Tony Roma's and that may have been my favorite moment of the trip. It was so nice and peaceful and we were actually able to have a conversation! It was really a moment that I felt like we were just Josh and Emily and not the preacher and the preacher's wife or Sarah, Eli, and Kate's parents. Not that I don't enjoy those titles. But it was nice to just be us for awhile. :)


After that we headed over to WonderWorks. It's a museum with lots of cool
interactive activities. As you can see, it is a house turned upside down so we felt very at home. :) It was a cloudy, drizzly day and it was pretty crowded too. One of the exhibits demonstrated hurricane winds and you stand in a room that blows a huge fan on you. I have to say I wasn't that impressed. You may remember from one of my previous blogs that our family has a thing with fans. I told Josh that the fan in our bedroom felt an awful lot like that hurricane!




I had to take a picture of Josh taking this quiz that asks "Are you a Risk-Taker?" because at one point he was bound and determined that we were going SKY DIVING on our trip. Can you believe that? I am all about supporting my husband in all ways, but really, I was a little concerned I was going to need a stunt double for my honeymoon! Believe it or not the quiz said that he is only a moderate risk-taker. I don't even want to know what you have to do to be an extreme risk-taker!












According to this Josh has a much better reaction time than me, but I don't know....





...I have been known to leap across a room in perfect time to catch a pacifier before it hits the ground!









Look at that form! Josh was disappointed with his pitching speed and felt that the machine was wrong. I also felt it must have been broken since it said that I only threw 26 mph. :)








I have also mentioned in previous blogs my struggle with fashion. I have to say that I think I am on to something here. I call this...Space Chic!! I read something that said I would only weigh like 10 pounds on the moon so....I am preparing to move!

After WonderWorks we rode around checking stuff out. There was so much to see! I really wanted an old time picture and luckily there were several places ready to fulfill my dream. :) The clothes that we wore actually just tied on over our street clothes and I've decided I'm going to create a line of clothes made like that for stay at home moms. That way, on laundry day when you're in you pj's at 11:00 and somebody just happens to stop by, you can just tie on an outfit! Those will probably catch on like my space chic. :) Anyway, I finally got my old time picture. Josh is such a trooper. The things that boy has done for me! The photographer made him be serious and I just am not using to seeing Josh without a smile! It also looks like I am about to whop him upside the head with that umbrella! I promise I wasn't. If anything Josh probably wanted to whop me for making him do this!









After that little adventure we spent the rest of the day strolling around checking out the stores. We had a great supper and then went to rent some movies and do some grocery shopping. I love vacation grocery shopping! We got: cereal, milk, diet cherry cokes, peanut m&m's, chocolate covered cranberries, and popcorn. I really don't know what to do going to the store and not buying a pack of pull-ups or capri suns!

We went back to the cabin and watched Marley and Me and pigged out on junk. Now you know how boring I am because that is pretty much my dream night. It was the perfect ending to a pretty perfect day!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like loads of fun to me! I love reading your blog and all your commentary - so funny!! It really sounds like you guys had a great trip and it was LONG overdue:)

Your hair looks great - no need to worry. I'm that way about my felt rollers though. They MUST be with me!

Karen said...

I love the Old Time picture! Josh looks like a sherrif.

You never know, Space Chic may catch on...(it's modest! :) )

Glad y'all had fun at WonderWorks. Just driving by the place makes me dizzy. (We usually get stuck at the light right in front of it and I have to spend the time trying not to look at it.)