Wednesday, April 8, 2009

These are the Days of our Life....

Well...I am still intending to let you know all about our trip, but first I decided to write an update for those of you who heard about our weekend. After my last blog I stayed up late making egg salad sandwiches for the lunch we were having at church on Sunday. I was so proud, I even made them fancy using one of my Pampered Chef gadgets. But, it turns out I should have just gone to bed early that night! Josh got up sick and informed me he couldn't go to church. Now let me tell you, when Josh says he is too sick to go to church he is sick!! We have been here almost 3 years and he has NEVER missed a service because he was sick. It worked out well that the choir was doing the Easter cantata and so he wasn't preaching anyway.

Josh went back to bed and me and the kids quarintined ourselves in the house. I was pretty sure nobody would want the "Fancy Stomach Virus Egg Salad Sandwiches" so I didn't send them. Sarah had a mini meltdown that we were not going to church because 1. Sarah cannot stand for people to be at the church and her not be there even if it is someone cleaning the bathrooms and 2. She had not seen her friends for *gasp* a whole week since we had been out of town. I am so thankful that my kids love church so much (it is very helpful since we are the preacher's family), but I really could have done without the fit throwing that morning.

I was planning to make the most of our quarintine and get caught up on laundry and housework. Okay, we all know I never caught up, but at least maybe I could make a dent. But, that was not meant to be either. Speaking of dents, as I started folding laundry Sarah picked Kate up and was carrying her across the living room when they both fell and Kate made a dent in her head on a sharp corner of one of our speaker things that I'm not really sure what it does. Anyway, when I picked Kate up she was bleeding so bad I couldn't tell where it was coming from! As soon as I cleaned her off and looked at the cut I was pretty sure she needed stitches. I wanted to go running over to the church and get the nutty nurse but I decided I needed to be a big girl and handle it myself. I called the After Hours clinic and they said they could do stitches there if she needed them. I seriously don't know how that place stayed in business before we moved here. They have built a very nice, new office since we've been here. :)

I felt bad leaving Sarah and Eli with Josh who couldn't even get out of bed but I knew there was no way I could handle all three of them at the doctors. I put in a movie for them and headed out with Kate. Can I just mention here that I had gone to sleep with my hair wet the night before and I was looking like some kind of a mess. It takes a good 4 hours to straigten my hair (a slight exaggeration) so I just put one of those big headbands on and put the rest of my hair in a ponytail. I looked like Aunt Jemima. However, that was the least of my concerns.

We sat at the After Hours Clinic for 45 minutes before the nurse practictioner informed me that she thought I should take Kate to the ER. I am thankful that she didn't try to do something she didn't feel like she could, but I was really wishing she could have told me that like 42 minutes earlier.

We headed to the ER and waited another hour or so there. Kate was not fussy at all, she was just bored. She made several escape attempts out of the waiting room and it seemed to entertain everyone greatly to watch me chase after her. When we were registering the lady asked if she were admitted if we would want the pastors to come visit. Before I could answer Kate said "NOOOO". Now, that is Kate's favorite and most used word right now, but it was pretty funny.

We finally got to back and do some more waiting. We checked everything out, we danced in circles, we spun in the dr.'s chair. At one point I got one of the latex gloves and was making a balloon out of it. Kate was entertained for a second. Then, it was like she saw that I was entertaining myself and distracted and she tried to escape. She's a tricky one, that one.

Finally the dr. came in and he had told us he would use glue instead of stitches and I was SOOOO relieved. It took 3 people to hold Kate down while he did the glue. I was just thankful I didn't have to be one of the three because I have had to hold Sarah down for medical things in the past and it is TORTURE!!!

So, that is the drama that was our weekend. I told everybody, when we come back to reality we really come back! Hope your weekend was less eventful and more fun!


Kate with her owie eating one of those egg salad sandwiches. :)






Kate's Owie :(

2 comments:

Lori said...

Poor baby - Poor baby!! I feel for you if you had to go to the ER!! Torture for mommies. Glad she's ok.

Karen said...

Hope yall are on the mend by now!