Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Sneak "Peep" of Things to Come.....

Big things are happening around this house, let me tell you what. We are hosting an Open House/Easter Egg Hunt this Saturday for our church (and anybody else we can talk into coming) and we are working like busy bees. I mean, Josh changed every light bulb in this house yesterday. Every.light.bulb. Do all of your lightbulbs go out at the same time, too? Or perhaps, like us, you just go months of only do laundry in the daylight hours to avoid changing the lightbulb in the laundry room? Anyway, I am in full "Hostess who is Stresstest" mode. I keep telling myself, "Just be excited! Just be excited!" Then I lay in bed and think, "Is green Hawaiian punch better than blue? How many kinds of cupcakes should I make? How do I get smushed bananas out of my couch?"

Well, today I did the BIG shopping trip for the party. I am getting excited.
First, instead of driving myself crazy over the fact that I can't paint bunnies on my cupcakes in fondant frosting, I'm going to stick some Peeps on some of them.  Or, I may call my friend Deborah at midnight Friday night and beg her to make cupcakes for me. Will y'all pray I don't do that? Thanks.


I found these two butterfly placemats at Ross for less than $2 a piece! I think they will look pretty on the table. Then, Kate told me I have to put them on her back. We are all about multi-purposing around here....

I also got this carrot that I am planning to put these orange Reeces Pieces (that I can't eat :( ) in. That little sticker on there says it was made in Italy. I thought my mother-in-law would be impressed. She actually went to Italy to visit our sis, Leah, and ended up getting some plates made in Poland. I'm going to have to tell her she should just go to Ross. :)

Finally, the grande finale! I am planning to fill it with cupcakes, brownies and lemon bars. Anything will look pretty on this, right? Even my cupcakes.......okay, so maybe I'll just sit the box on the table and we can look at this picture.

I recently had a midwestern friend comment on how laid back everything in the south is. I haven't ventured past the mason dixon line in a while, so I don't know what to compare our lives to. I'll tell you this,what we lack in rat race indutsrialism, we make up for in holiday celebration preparation! Ask any southern lady and you will know, we mean business when it comes to matching Easter clothes and big after church dinners. So, what I'm saying is, wish me luck!!!!!  I'm setting easy goals: 1. Keep the carpet clean from Friday afternoon when the carpert cleaners come until Sat. when the party starts. 2. Don't make anybody sick with my baking. 3. Don't break any of my pretty plates until I've gotten two years of use out of them.

Okay, I'm off to finish painting my bathroom cabinet. Because, you know, I'm sure everybody will want to see my bathroom cabinet. :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love all the ideas and it looks like the party is going to be a TOTAL HIT!! By the way, one of the reasons that I only have one child is b/c I don't know if I could take having to dress two in matching clothes for Easter. I have enough trouble with Jack - I don't know how you do it with three!! :)

Amber said...

All of your party ideas look great, and I love the butterfly placemats and the price! Hope you all have a great time on Saturday, by the looks of things it will be awesome!!!