* I taught the teen hip hop class and survived.
* I've chased my tail all week driving children to and from dance and ball.
* I taught my church kids about the Philippian jailer (Acts 16) and played a game where they broke out of chains and ran a race. Starting to wonder if maybe that is not what I should be teaching the church kids???? Hey, here's how to break out of jail!
* Our schools are considering going to a 4 day school week so I attended a meeting Friday night that left me wanting to scream, "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" (Um, the answer is no.)
* I bought Eli's cleats all by myself.
* Yesterday was opening day of ball so we had Eli's first game. I left there to go to pose my dancers for dance pictures. I left there to go to the Air Show. We left there to go eat at Mammy's house and visit with Josh's Uncle and family. We got home from there about midnight last night.
* I rolled myself out of bed this morning and kept the nursery. I'm about to get ready now to fix food for a fellowship we're having tonight. I'm seriously considering ordering a pizza.
*Tomorrow I will
Okay, so that's where I'm at. I'm tired. But I'm also excited and inspired and motivated. As busy as this last week has been, it has also been full of fun and adventures. And today, my heart is totally full of awe, wonder and joy. You see, after rolling my lazy self out of bed this morning, I checked my e-mail and found a message with the subject "Before you freak out". Oh my. Was this one of those e-mails about my credit score? Nope, it was a for real message from a real person. You know how in my last post I wrote that I was filling in for another teacher and that's why I was teaching hip hop? Well, the reason I was filling in was because the teacher had one of her former dance students coming into to town to visit for the night. I thought that was really neat that she still has such a great relationship with her dancers. Well, it just so happened that the e-mail I got was from that dancer who came to visit. She shared some things with me and let me know that several months ago she had liked our dance studio on FB and saw me on there and discovered that I had a blog. She told me that she has been reading since last September and shared how she has been able to relate to some of my experiences. I was just BLOWN AWAY!
Let me tell you why I share this. Because IT HAS GOD WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! Don't you think? I cannot tell you how many times over the last several months I have struggled both with dance and my blog. Am I really supposed to be teaching dance? Is it taking away from other things in my life? Should I still blog? Do I really have anything important to say? Does anybody even care anymore? And then, I get a message like this. And I clearly see God's handprint all over the map. I hope you don't think I share this in anyway to glorify myself. NOT AT ALL. I can't even remember to get everything on my list at the grocery store. ONLY GOD could so orchestrate the events of my life. First of all, ONLY GOD could have orchestrated the opening of a dance studio the same month I moved. ONLY GOD could help me get that job. Seriously, do I need to remind anybody how long it had been since I last danced????? ONLY GOD could perfectly pick who I would work with, the relationships they would have and then allow them to intersect in such a way that others would be encouraged and HE would get the glory!! It blows my mind, y'all. And to tie a pretty little ribbon on top, HE allows me to be encouraged and strengthened by marrying the two passions of my life (y'know, apart from Him and my family) dancing and writing. I don't know if you can even understand what it does for my soul that at this point in my journey God allows those two things to be used in my life.
I was reading in Psalm 27 today and came across a verse that really meant something to me a couple of years ago. I was in one of those dark places where I was in need of some hope. Psalm 27:13 says,
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORDThank you Jesus, for allowing me to see your goodness in the land of the living!
In the land of the living.