Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Whatnot Wednesday: It's A High Five Kind of Week
* My kids always go to bed the latest on Wednesday nights. Just a little Fidler fun fact for you. We get home from church about 20 minutes past their normal bedtime and then they proceed to stall and distract with skill like you've never seen.
* My SIL had a baby shower last weekend and we have a mutual friend who has just happened to be my friend since middle school. We found ourselves saying, "They didn't have that when my kids were babies" and wondering if we are old enough to say that yet.
* Some of you may remember this blog where I first disclosed my love for nuts, Well, I have to say it has only grown stronger with time. So many people tell me they don't know how I've stuck with my diet and I will tell you the secret- NUTS! One of my friends at church calls it my bird food. I always have a container full of almonds, cashews, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and raisins. It's my go to snack and really fills me up. In addition to my non-stop eating, I also have devloped a love for oil. I've shared about the Argan Oil I use on my hair and I have now learned I can use it on my skin!! It makes your skin sooo soft! My SIL who is expecting her first baby also shared with me about Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil. Love that stuff! I also have started cooking EVERYTHING in extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Yum!
* My favorite saying this week is, "It is what it is." Because it is, isn't it?
* Last night was Eli's last ballgame and I didn't know I would be so sad. :( I LOVED his coaches and his team this year. They rocked! Tomorrow is Eli's birthday (don't worry, you will hear all about it) :), so I ordered cupcakes from the Pig. After the Easter Egg Hunt I just could not stand to bake another cupcake. Anyway, it was about a 150 degrees and that was some kind of messy!!
* My kids have really enjoyed playing outside the last few days and I'm so glad. I'm a big believer in kids playing outside. :) The only downfall is making the transition from backyard to the bathtub. And they HAVE to go the bathtub!
* After tomorrow I will have one week of dance classes until the recital. I get to wear real clothes and flip flops and pretty much just sit and watch the dances. Woo-hoo! I am so going to miss my girls, but after a 3 week break we will be back for summer classes. Josh just finished the slide show for the recital and I can't watch it without crying. Does that song "I Hope You Dance" make anybody else cry every.single.time. they hear it? Well, I know for me it is just very emotional to watch the progression of the year and really soak in what an opportunity this has been for me and my girls. But what really makes me emotional is that tomorrow I will pick up 5 pairs of tights and on Saturday I will have to help with 7 changes of tights, 8 costume and 7 shoe changes between me and my girls. Please, just stop and think about this for a moment. A 3 year old. A pair of tights. An 8 year old. 5 pairs of tights, only about 2 songs to change tights, costumes and hair. Two classes of 2-4 years old to corral and 10 berets that I'm the only one who knows how to put on my jazz girls the right way. A duet with Sarah that reminds me I'm not 16 anymore and always leaves me talking like I need a breathing treatment. *Deep breath*. All I can say is, I hope we dance, too. I hope there are no Fidler girls stuck in the wings struggling to get their tights on while the show goes on. That's all I can hope for.
* In couponing news, I saved $5.00 last week. Please, try not to be jealous.
* I always realize on Wednesdays just how boring and uneventful my life must seem to everyone. I would ask y'all to pray for something exciting to happen in my life, but seriously, I'm pretty content with boring right now. :)
* So, I've discovered I am a high fiver. I don't know if it comes from my working with kids or what, but I've just realized how much I do it. Tonight one of our ladies at church was so excited because she found some teachers for VBS. She literally squealing in happiness in the hallway. Next thing I know, I've got my hand up in the air. She looked at me like I was crazy, but high fived me anyway. I even got evidence of this as these pictures were posted from Relay for Life.
Oh well. Here's a high five to ya! Link up here!