Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday: My Body is Brokeded

* I have a chipped tooth. That's kind of my big news for the week. I was spotting a girl in tumbling. She went to kick her leg over for a back walkover and apparently I thought my jaw would be a great thing to push her over. I clenched my teeth and chipped a bottom front tooth. It was traumatic. I couldn't stop looking at it. It feels so weird. Barbie kept asking if I was okay, if I needed to sit down or go home. I kept saying, "It doesn't hurt. It just feels so weird." Yesterday, it hurt. My whole mouth did. I thought it would be good for me because I didn't want to eat anything. But, today, it's fine. My jaw is still sore, but my teeth aren't as sensitive.

* Last night we had a baby shower at the church and I was telling some of our ladies about it. Then, they somehow started talking about this place that has been nicknamed "Stick and Stab" or something like that because so many fights happen there. I remarked that Josh and I have not been invited to that establishment. One of them informed me I would have to lose more teeth. :)

* I would show you a picture of my tooth but the batteries have been dead in my camera for over a month now. And I can't find the cord for my battery recharger. Can you believe that? If I ever get around to decorating for fall or doing fun fall activities with my children, I will definitely get batteries and take pictures. 

* Yesterday that Katy Perry song "Firework" came on the radio and Kate said, "That song is everywhere." Did I ever tell y'all my kids are obsessed with the movie "Soul Surfer"? Josh let them watch it while I was in Dothan. I thought it would be too scary for them, but they loved it. We now have a Barbie with half of an arm. I thought it was an accident but when I asked about it Kate started talking about the shark attacking her...

* I have had the most frustrating week in technology ever. I will spare you all of the details, but I will just tell you that my printer is lucky it didn't take a flight through our living room window. That's all.

* Yesterday and today we had try-outs for the children's theatre that I am trying to pull together directing and they went better than I expected. Quite a few of my kids from the summer are back and I'm so excited! 99.3 % of them are in band though so we are working around the band schedule. Today a new girl I haven't met came to try-out and I asked her if she had any activities that might interfere. She said, "No, I'm grounded."  I said, "Awesome."  I don't normally condone kids getting grounded, but hey, it works for me. :)

* In other theatre news, I got in trouble today because apparently the kids who were waiting their turn to audition yesterday  were raiding the teacher's lounge for ice.I should have realized that was what was happening when they kept showing up with styrofoam bowls of ice, but all I could think was, "Wow, my teeth hurt so bad I want to cry looking at that ice."

* I was soooo tired last night I went to bed at 11:00. Anyone who knows me knows that's a pretty big deal. I didn't just go to bed, I went to sleep. I could hear Josh telling me goodnight, but I could not physically respond. That ever happen to you??? Anyway, it's a good thing I went to bed "early". Kate ended up in the bed with us and did you know she takes up more room than me and Josh together? She also has a cold or allergies (I think it's just allergies) and she was having coughing fits. If I turned to face her she would cough in my face and kick me in the bladder. If I rolled over she would kick me in the back. I feel like I've had the snot beat out of me y'all.

* The good news is, I got new contacts today! I've needed them really bad. I decided this week that maybe if I could see I would quit hurting myself. :)  The bad news is, now I know that I really need to clean my house more and pluck my eyebrows. In other good news, the lady couldn't read my birth year. She thought it said 1986. She said, "I thought you were 26 or 27."  I told her I would take it. 

* We had a van full of kids for church tonight. It absolutely made my week (month? year?) when one of the girls started quoting a memory verse we've been working on. It was even better when her Mom quoted one from a worksheet that I sent home last week that I figured nobody would ever look at. That just so makes it worth it!  We also got a good laugh when one of the boys told us he was singing at school and he "broke it down".  You might have to know the kid to appreciate it, but it was hilarious.

* Okay, I just realized it is 10:41 and I still have not eaten supper. And I feel like eating tonight. :)  I hope you are all having a wonderful, pain free week! Let me know about it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sorry about your tooth. :( Ouch!- maybe you should consider a mouth guard - since apparently dance is now a contact sport... :)
And I totally ate supper at 10:00 last night so don't feel bad.

Patty Jo said...

WoW! What a week! Ouch about the tooth!!! I feel for you! Hope it doesn't give you any more pain!!

I busted out laughing about your bed beating! Not that you being beat is funny but I can so relate and almost visually picture the entire ordeal!

I keep laughing and feeling like your my long missing fraternal twin! haha But I guess us Mom's just have a lot of the same comedy in our homes! Or us Fidler's anyway! LOL