Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday: Awkward

* So yesterday I got a text from Kate from Kansas that said, "You totally should do me a favor...:-) and make me a what not Wednesday tomorrow :) "  So, y'all can thank Kate for this completely random, worthless post. :)

* Today I heard Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me" and remembered that in a very weak emotional state I almost chose that song for my wedding. I still remember the day I was in the Little Red Rocket driving back to school, leaving my fiance` 5 hours behind. I cried and belted that song like a sick seal. I decided it was perfect for our wedding. Praise the Lord I came to my senses or I would probably not be able to watch our wedding video without rolling on the floor in hysterical laughter. Just for the record, I would like to say to Joshua Fidler, you really did give me wings and make me fly. You touched my hand and I could touch the sky. I'm everything I am because you loved me. I hope that doesn't keep you up at night. :)

* Monday night I started a new tiny tots dance class at our local gym. It's a good thing for our studio. We are growing and need more room. It's kind of an awkward thing for me. I had imagined lots of girls in cute workout gear watching Dr. Phil while they walked on the treadmill. Instead, I walked in to a gym full of all men. And I'm talking, gorilla, live at the gym, bench press things that weigh more than my car kind of men. There was a curtain to pull around our area, but you could still totally see around it. I had Kate, a 2 year old who was starting her first class and just wanted to twirl, both of her parents, one with a camera, the other with a video camera, another 2 year old who sat on the floor and cried the whole time and her Mom who tried to hide, but could totally be seen the whole time. I also had Sarah helping me and Eli in the corner doing his homework. As I plugged in my boombox (I like calling it that.) I texted Josh and said, "You will not believe where I am teaching dance."  It just cracked me up. I opted to leave my pants and t-shirt on. It was one thing to have to tap dance to the wiggles, I just couldn't bear to do it in a leotard in front of the mighty men. 

* Speaking of awkward dancing, I have been asked if Sarah and I would like to perform our duet from last year at a Junior Miss pageant. Isn't that the most hilarious thing you've ever heard? I think I will only agree if I can wear a crown.

* I finally jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon and am totally as addicted as I knew I would be. Right now I am obsessing over family pic ideas. I've been really happy the last couple of times we've had pics made, but I still always find myself thinking, "I wish I had my hair cut before that" or "I wish I didn't have my hair cut" or "I wish we didn't wear that color" or whatever. Do y'all do that? I mean, if you display those pics you just look at them forever. So, I really want to make sure we get good pics. Figuring out the clothes is always a big thing. I love really neutral, earthy colors, but they kind of wash me out. And let's face it, it's all about me. :)  Seriously though, everybody else will look beautiful no matter what. Anyway, this is the color scheme I am looking at right now. I would love to hear what you think.
Depending on everybody's moods that day, we may or may not just get pics of the clothes hanging on the fence.

* Kate was just laying on the floor singing "Sweet Home Aladama". 

* Sarah has a dentist appointment at 7:00 tomorrow morning. Have you ever heard of anything so awful? She was supposed to have one yesterday after school, but they called to reschedule. I figured I better take whatever we could get. The last time I called to make an appointment I was put on hold for so long I was sure we would be scheduling the removal of her wisdom teeth.

* I'm off to get ready for church now. I teach the kindergarten through 2nd grade class and we've been taking up an offering the first Wednesday of every month to go towards making boxes for Operation Child Christmas boxes. We only have one more offering after tonight. I'm so excited! I think it will be so fun to pack those boxes with the kids! If you are interested in finding out more about it you can go HERE!

* Dr. Oz just said sleep is the most important thing you can do to stop the signs of aging. That explains a lot. There's no hope for me.

I hope you are all having a fabulous week so far! Go link up HERE and tell us about it! (Yes, Kate, I mean you. :)

3 comments:

Lori said...

I was loving this post until I read the Dr. Oz comment:( I'm LOVING that you almost played Because You Loved Me at your wedding. I'm also loving the color scheme for pics. And I love Pinterest:)

Amber said...

I love the outfits! And love what you are doing with the Tiny tots!! Praying for you!!! And I so agree with Dr.Oz!!!

Karen said...

love the colors, but clothes hanging on a chain link fence kind of creep me out -

LOLOL about the dance class

And I never knew about the Celine Dieon song...did you cange your mind before you arrived back at Carey? lol...