Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cribs: The Clearance Rack Edition

Yo Yo Yo. Welcome to my crib! 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :) I should actually say welcome to my new church manse. I've had several friends ask to see pics of our new house, (did y'all know I just moved? I had totally forgotten.....) so I thought I would oblige. As I was flipping through channels the other day I came across the "Most Expensive Cribs" on MTV. I would like to add a new flava to the show. I call mine "I Got This on Clearance Cribs". Let's get started....

                                                      Here we have the living room



This is my favorite shot. Here we have the picture on the floor that I keep forgetting to hang up, the totally empty wall that I haven't gotten around to decorating, my husband's feet and if you look real close you can see the trash on the dining room table from our fast food supper. :)

Here is a shot of Eli's room
Let's pretend there is not a train set on the floor in a bazillion pieces, k?

Those spots on the wall that look like it's been patched up are actually clouds. We're going to figure out the best way to color them. Eventually....

The girl's room. Please overlook the furniture. Apparently, these drawers were not designed to hold 7 and 8 year old girls. Who knew?
Okay, so this is the part where they usually brag about how expensive their stuff is. But I'm going to tell you how excited I am by my cheap stuff. :)  I had picked out a picture and a lamp that I wanted for their room and they were both $25 each. I've been waiting patiently to see if they would go on clearance. Because I'm cheap. Actually, I am frugal as one of my friends, Jennifer, pointed out. :) The reason I was holding out for that lamp is that it was the only one I could find with the shade of purple I wanted. Well, on our date the other night, we just happened to stop by Ross and I found this lamp shade for-----------$1.99!!!!!!!!!!! And I found this picture for $3.99!!!!!!!!! Now, I am not good with math, but even I knew that ='s WAY BETTER!!

The girls already had this lamp...

So, I painted it and slapped that $1.99 shade on there and TA DA!


This is our bedroom. And those are my flannel Christmas pj pants with bears on them that I wear year round. Like I've said, my hubby is a lucky man. :) Please take note of all the fans on the nightstands. Fidlers cannot sleep without fans. It's not happening.

Well, I guess that is the tour for now. There are still things I would like to do. My house (whichever one I'm living in) is always a work in progress. My goal is to completely finish my kid's rooms before they leave for college. I may have to hold them back a few grades. :)

I hope you've enjoyed this tour. Maybe next time I'll show you our $10 inflatable pool and the trampoline. :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the pics!! And YAY on the CUTE lampshade & picture. Can't wait to come visit!

Melody said...

Love the lamp!!!!! CAY-UTE!!!!! You've done an awesome job decorating and I'm with you on holding out for the steal of a deal.

Lori said...

It all looks great Emily! I have two pair of Christmas flannel pj pants that I wear year round too!! I sure hope Ben and Josh know how blessed they truly are!! :) Actually, one pair of mine have mistletoes all over them, so... :)