Tuesday, April 27, 2010

She Cried For Me

This morning all of the little people in my house woke up a little more excited than usual. We had a playdate! I shared in a previous blog that one of my good friends had put me in touch with one of her very best friends here in our little town. Audra is also a preacher's wife and mother of 3. I so enjoyed getting to talk with her at our last playdate and I have to admit that I was as excited as the kids to have someone my own age to play with. :)

I have been so blessed with friends of all ages and various seasons of life. I've learned so much from my friends who are older and have older kids. They share their advice and wisdom and remind me to slow down and enjoy these days. I also enjoy my friends who are younger or just in a different season of singleness or just married. I *try* to share my wisdom with them. I have to say though, it did my heart good today to be with someone my age in my exact same season. As the kids rotated from bedrooms to the playroom to the backyard, Audra and I attempted a conversation. We shared mommy talk about ear infections, good sales at Children's Place and homeschooling. Many times we were each interrupted by a crying baby or hungry preschooler. It was great to spend the morning with someone who can wipe snot, serve capri suns, and push a swing without missing a beat in the conversation. :)

It was during some swing pushing that Audra asked how I've been doing grieving my Dad. Not only is Audra a homeschooling mother of 3 and a preacher's wife, but she also worked for Hospice doing the exact same job I did. I know that she was excellent at her job because I immediately felt like I could open up to her. I shared with her some of my struggles and it was during that conversation that she began to cry. For me. I was overwhelmed by such a sincere, genuine expression of compassion. It made me feel free to cry. So we cried. And it meant more than a million words ever could. I was reminded of Jesus' words when He told us to, "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." Romans 12:15.

Thank you Audra for mourning with me! And thank you Jesus, for knowing just what I need!

1 comment:

Rachael. said...

Oh my gosh i got chills! Praying that she is a great new life long friend!!