Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's 3 AM I Must Be Lonely

Okay, so it's not really 3 am. And I'm not lonely. I just felt like naming this post that and this is my blog so I can do stuff like that. And, it seems appropriate as somehow in the last week I have moved into the most bizzare sleep schedule. I truly have been staying up until 3 am and it's not because I'm lonely. It's because I'm desperate to be alone. Do any of you other Moms out there feel me on that one? Every night I have the best intentions of heading to bed at least by 11:00, but then a really good show comes on. Or I realize I can fold clothes without having to fix 8 cups of milk or open 15 popsicles. One night I even decided I wanted to vacuum. At midnight. I blamed that on sympathy nesting. My sister is expecting her baby very soon and I am sitting on go.

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am. My sister was living far, far away in Alaska when my nephew was born and Kate was a newborn at the time. I didn't get to see Luke until he was 6 months old. Just about did me in. So, the idea that when the phone rings my Mom and I will scurry around and hightail it to my sister's house and I will either have one on one uninterrupted time with my adorable nephew OR I will get to be at the hospital when my beautiful niece makes her grand appearance just sends me over the moon. It makes me so excited I write horrible, run on sentences that probably make you want to whip out a red pen and scribble little x's all over your computer screen. Sorry. Did I mention I haven't been sleeping much? I've wondered if that is preparation for baby duty. Even though I am no longer equipped for 3 am feedings if you know what I mean, but still, if nothing else I can keep them company. Because I'm sure Jenny will want nothing more than to watch Criminal Minds in the wee hours of the morning. Maybe I'll vacuum for her. I mean, if everybody's gonna be up anyway....

Okay, so obviously I am a little hyper tonight. I had no caffeine for 3 days in an attempt to realign my sleeping habits. It didn't work by the way. Today I had 4 Diet Cokes and now I feel like I might stand up and spin around in circles in the living room. Did you ever do that when you were little? I was always very easily entertained....

Today I spent the day with my SIL, Leah. We browsed our cute little downtown stores and then picked up Josh and the kids to join us for some Chinese food. Tonight we had supper with Josh's family at Outback. Before supper we made a stop by Hobby Lobby to look for party ideas for Eli's upcoming birthday. I had talked him into a dinosaur party because I found this really cute dinosaur cupcake pan. But, I had no luck finding dinosaur stuff so now we're having a pirate party. My birthday party planning skills: Cheap and easy. That's how I do it. Aren't my kids lucky?

Daisy is still escaping and the neighborhood kids who hang out at our house are growing in number by the day. Last night I went outside to tell Eli it was time for church and he was on the trampoline with another 4 year old who I didn't even know had come over. They had golf clubs playing sword fight with them. I know I'm old because instead of thinking "FUN!" when I happen upon a scene like that I think, ' LAWSUIT! MEDICAL BILLS! NEW GLASSES FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS!' The influx of kids could have to do with word on the street being that the preacher is giving out money. On Sunday two of the kids came over while we were still getting ready for church. Josh gave them money for the offering. The next time they came over they asked Josh for some more money. He politely told the boy "No" and he said, "Oh. We only get money on Sundays?" Uh, yeah. But could we keep that on the downlow????

Well, the only other news I have to share (that I can remember at this point in time) is that I've started back on weight watchers. I've never done the real deal, just my own version I made up from reading stuff online. I did really good with it after I had Kate and lost 30 pounds. I still have those last 15 or so pounds I just can't rid of. I haven't been able to bring myself to Shred. I know Jillian is so disappointed in me. I've just decided that not eating sounds better to me right now than push-ups. That's all. :)

My Uncle Jamie is famous in our family for sending out funny cartoon e-mails portraying all of the family. He sent this one to me today of "Emily's Visit to the Doc". I thought I would share it with you all so you could know the real reason I can't lose those last pounds..... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your post! I can totally relate to needing alone time! Isn't it funny that we enjoy folding laundry at midnight by ourselves...my how things change.

Thanks for making me laugh...despite the fact that I really should be headed to bed right about now.

Lori said...

I wonder why I can't lost weight - I think it has to do with food too??

I think Pirate parties are great!! My friend's little boy had one and she hid a treasure check (with candy) and they had to go on a treasure hunt to find it. She left clues all over (rhyming clues) and the kids ran from one place to another - it was very cute!

Amber said...

Oh Emily I think we should go into the party planning business together, I too love planning the kids parties!! We threw a dinosaur themed party Caleb loved it, the pirate theme is really cute or should I say so boyish :) I think being a mom is sometimes so funny because we are constantly tired but if we get that quiet time we so want to take full advantage of it!! Sorry to ramble love your post!! :)