Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday




* I am so hungry this week. I just can't get full. I must be going through a growth spurt.

* This week kicked off our first week back at dance and our first year with our new studio owner. Monday I got there to sit at the desk and answer questions, help with registration and to fill in for Barbie in case she needed to run out of class to talk with parents. I got there and it was 97 degrees. NINETY SEVEN DEGREES. The power had gone off during the day when no one was there and the a/c was struggling to get going. On top of that the doorknob messed up and we couldn't get the door open. Thank goodness there was another one we could use. I ran across the street to a friend's store to see if he had a big fan we could use and he did. And it was big. And dusty. He picked that thing up and toted it across the street like it weighed mere ounces. He asked if there would be somebody to help me get it inside once I cleaned it off. I told him there would be thinking I would just carry it in myself. WRONG. After cleaning it I went to pick it up and realized it weighed 1500 pounds and I marveled at the strength I had witnessed as he carried it across the street. I was beyond ecstatic when one of the dads offered to carry it in. Because had he not, it would have stayed outside. It was a hot, sweaty miserable night. I went in to teach tumbling and the girls were slipping on the mats in their own sweat. Gross. It got so humid that the floor started buckling. We finally just ended up cancelling the last two classes because we could not risk something happening to the floor or the girls tripping on it. As we got ready to leave, the door was stuck again. Barbie said we could just use the other door and it dawned on me to ask if our keys worked for that door. Nope, they don't. So, let's just say the night ended with me having Josh bring a butter knife to break us out of there. I actually LOL when I sent Josh a text asking him for a butter knife. It was just one of those days!

* My favorite shows right now are Rizzoli and Isles and DropDead Diva. What are yours?

* Saturday was Josh's birthday. That means we will be the same age for a month. Then, I will be old again.

* Yesterday I found a baby lizard in the washing machine. I mean, it was just hanging out on the spinner thing. Guess he got the ride of his life! I asked Josh how he could have got there and Kate said, "I think Jesus put him there."  Divine appointment?

* Eli's little girlfriend is over here now. She came over yesterday, too. Right now they are doing handstands. See, I knew me being a dance teacher was going to pay off for him.

* Kate told me, "I know how to make the E sound. I. "  Glad pre-school is paying off.   :)

* That's about all the excitement going on around  here. What are you up to? Head on over to Everyday the Wonderful Happens and link up!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my a lizard in the washing machine and you sound calm about it!

My favorite show on the moment is Lost, I know I know didn't that end a while ago, I'm always behind on what's cool :), but I'm watching them on DVD and loving them!

everythingismeowsome said...

Yes, I think I must have hit a growth spurt myself. And all the iced coffee in the world can't seem to fill me up. My favorite shows right now are Design Star and Project Runway, but I'm real itchy for Parenthood to come back on in the fall.

Lori said...

I'm with Elizabeth... I'm ready for Parenthood and The Office. Right now, I like Royal Pains and The New Adventures of Old Christine. The last one has been cancelled for several years, but we run a little behind the times here. I love that Eli's girlfriend is over!

Karen said...

Castle, Castle, Castle - AJ and I are counting down the days until the season premire and rewatching older seasons while we wait.

Super sorry about the a/c at the studio - when is fall??

Lauran said...

Yikes about the AC! Our power went out a couple of weeks ago and we were without AC for an entire night. We were *this* close to getting a hotel room. I'm not taking the air conditioning for granted anymore! I added to my list of things I'm really really REALLY, like I really mean it THANKFUL for.

I'm into Project Runway right now and EXCITED for the new season of America's Next Top Model. Sept. 14th in case you're wondering... not that I'm counting down or anything. ;)