My attitude stunk this last week. Just thought I would get that out there. I've gone back and forth all week about blogging about it, but I've decided to just move on. It's time for me to suck it up, get it together and move on. Praise God His mercies are new everyday! And Praise God His strength is made perfect in my weakness! To top it off, I just don't feel like blogging. That is so weird for me. But a nice break for y'all. :) Since I became a stay at home mom I don't think I've gone more than a week without blogging with the exception of our move. So, just so I don't totally lose all memory of this week, I will list some of the highs and lows of this roller coaster week.
* Eli has started T-ball practice. He's already had two practices this week! Josh came home from the first one saying that he was probably biased, but Eli was the best. Me and the girls stopped by practice tonight after leaving the dance studio and I have to agree, he's the best. Of course, I'm not biased either. :) Eli is so excited he can't stand it. Josh's parents bought him a new glove and some batting gloves and he is one cool dude. His buddy from church is on his team and they are going to have so much fun.
*Saturday I went to a bridal shower and was holding a friend's baby. While her Mom went to fix her plate I had several people come tell me how much my baby looked like me. It was so funny because nobody ever told me that about my own babies. :)
* Dance costumes have started coming in and I am totally like an 8 year old again. I may be more excited than the girls. I've decided that little girls in dance costumes make me happy. My costume hasn't come in yet, but I anticipate my happiness subsiding when I try mine on. :)
* My kiddos have been sick this week and we've spent a lot of time together. That has had up sides and down sides. The down side is that to me there is no worse feeling in the world than not knowing how to make your kids feel better. I always find myself saying lots of prayers for parents with seriously ill children. I just can't imagine. And let''s face it, kids just get ill when they are sick. And I felt bad and I was ill. There were some rough moments. But then, there are the moments when they are extra cuddly and just want to snuggle and watch movies. Right now Kate is completely infatuated with her big sister and constantly is saying, "Sawah! Sawah!" Does my heart good.
* I have found myself watching a lot of "Clean House" and "Toddlers and Tiaras" to make myself feel better about my house and my parenting skills. Just sayin'.
* The biggest thing this week has been big diet changes. Don't ask why I picked this week to to start a new diet, but I did. I shared here a health struggle I've been having and after doing some reading I've decided to give up dairy for 10 days. Just to see. Some research has shown that giving up dairy has made a difference in their symptoms and I am DESPERATE for anything to work. Y'all know this girlfriend is desperate if I'm giving up cheese and sour cream, y'all! You don't understand. I am the Queen of Cheeseburgers. I could write an entire cookbook of recipes using sour cream. This is a really big deal for me, but so far I've made it 3 days and I'm still standing. The truth is that I've eaten more vegetables in the last 3 days than maybe the last 3 years (or decades) of my life. And it feels good. Do you know what I ate for lunch? A spinach salad with kidney beans. I know it sounds so disgusting, but it really wasn't. I've also tried 3 new recipes and Josh has liked them all! SCORE! You should try them!
Easy Turkey Stir-Fry - We had this tonight and LOVED it! I didn't use the ginger or the crushed pepper and I served it over brown rice. This one does have a lot of sodium so I used reduced sodium soy sauce and chicken broth.
Chicken with Artichoke Hearts and Tomato- I also served this over brown rice, but later ate it over wheat pasta and I liked it better that way. Who knew I like artichoke hearts?
Shrimp Scampi-I served this shrimp over the whole wheat pasta and I won't lie, I wish it had been covered in some cheese. :) But it was good anyway.
* I was peed on at 4:30 this morning in my bed. Maybe I should specify that Kate did it, not Josh. :) I have to say it is quite an effective wake-up call. It's a glamorous life I lead.
* I also had a really good cry today (not about the peeing incident, although that might have been appropriate) and I came to the conclusion that sometimes a good cry is as good for you as a spinach salad.
So, be honest with me. What has had you sportin' a tude or crying your eyes out this week? What has made you laugh? What have you been eating? Have you discovered something new you love? I've been cooped up with sick kids. Be my social outlet here and talk to me! :)