Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Real Quick

Okay, I know I am as bad as my preacher husband and y'all don't believe I can be "real quick", but I'm gonna try. I don't really have time to blog right now, but it is the first and I am determined to keep my commitment with my verses. I won't lie, I'm still working on my last one. "Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else," (Galatians 6:4) I'm still working on it and I know that the reason I'm still working on it is because I have not devoted enough time to it. God confirmed my suspicions that I have gotten really distracted lately by all kinds of things that have kept me away from Him, when this verse literally lept out at me in Sunday School. So, it is my new verse. And my new prayer.

"Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."

Psalm 119:37

I would love to come up with all kinds of excuses for why I don't make the most of my time, but marathons of Dateline on ID are the best I can do. Shameful. So, this is my prayer. That God would turn my eyes from things (shows, conversations, habits, whatever) that don't contribute anything to my life or my relationship with Him.

Okay, I'm off to throw some 5 cheese bread in the oven and feed my peoples. Do you have a special verse speaking to you right now?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Okay, I'm a little ambitious this month and am focusing on 1 Corinthians 1:5-9 - "that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge, even as the testimony concerning christ was confirmed in you, so that your are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son,Jesus Christ our Lord.

Those were some of the verses preached on at the conference this weekend and I realized how much is contained in those few words. I'm going to try for at least half of it before the 15 and may have to finish memorizing the second half at the end of the month - we'll see...