Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Fun!

This blog will be an attempt to hit the highlights of our summer. Fasten your seatbelt and please keep your arms in the vehicle. :)

Our first big event of the summer was Vacation Bible School. We were supposed to have a youth group come and do our VBS this year, but at the last minute their trip didn't work out. It meant that we went in feeling a little frazzled, but God was so good! I can honestly say it was one of my favorite Bible Schools, and I've done a lot, y'all. :)  We just had a sweet spirit and a lot of fun!
Loved these hats!
We were so glad Eli's friend from school came!
We had so much fun flying
I taught the pre-school class and we had the  BEST time!
This is what happens when I'm crafty. We made trumpets that everybody thought were plungers!

 That same week during the mornings I taught the Tiny Tot dance camp. SO MUCH FUN! I came up with a theme for each day. The first day we had a sports day and I brought in bases for them to practice 1st, 2nd and 3rd position at. Then, they would LEAP home! We decided they should stick with dance because they were a little confused by which base to go to. :)  Then, we had princess day and they all came decked out in their princess dresses. The last day we read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and worked on becoming butterflies! They were so good and such a joy to teach!



 Sarah competed at a national dance competition and got gold. We enjoyed getting to watch her as a family. And going out for breakfast while we waited for the awards ceremony. :)
                                                      We celebrated Father's Day!


We took the kids to play putt-putt and learned that Eli and I carry the same trash-talking gene. :)

We took Kate and Eli to see Madagascar 3 and it was totally worth the price of admission to watch Kate laugh at the movie! Sarah was off getting a pedicure with T. :)

Josh and I celebrated 11 years of marriage and had the most FUN date ever! We played putt-putt and couldn't believe how fast our game went without 3 kids with us. :) We then went to FunLand, an arcade Josh used to take me to when we were in college and needed a "mental health day". He beat me at everything, but we had a blast playing Guitar Hero. Next we went to Miracle Strip at Pier Park. We rode the Scrambler and then....the Ferris Wheel! Everytime we go to the movies at Pier Park I would ask Josh if he would go on the Ferris Wheel with me and he was not ashamed to admit he was scared. But, for our anniversary, he took me on the Ferris Wheel! The truth is, we were both scared! But, I knew he must really love me. :) We ended the night at the movies and it was really late when we got home and we were really tired. We realized we're not as young as we used to be. :)

On the 4th Josh's uncle and his family was in town from Texas so they all came out to have hamburgers and hotdogs with us. 
                                                   Mammy with a few of her great-grands!
                                That night we went to our favorite spot to watch the fireworks!
                               We were right on the bay, but we decided to use the Jeep as our backdrop. :)

That week I helped my Mom move and then my sister came into town with her babies! Josh was getting ready to go on a fishing trip so he took the kids to fish for some bait for him. 

                                           I love this pic of my nephew fishing with Josh.
                                                               And this one too!

                                                       All that bait fishing paid off!
We had so much fun with my sister in town. We went to the beach and the park and swimming at the pool with my Mom, mybrother and his girlfriend. 

During this week we also went to pick up Sarah's BFF from Mississippi so she could come to Sarah's birthday party. My sister was sweet enough to take some awesome pics of them. 
                                              How cute are they?? This is my favorite! :)

We celebrated Sarah turning 10!!!!

Our sister, Leah and her family moved back from Italy literally on the day of Sarah's party! I was so thrilled to have both of my sisters there!


After a week of my sister hanging out with us, we packed up and went to her! Bless her heart! She was kind enough to let us stay at her house and take a mini vacation to Wild Adventures. We went two days in a row and were so glad she and her kiddos could join us one of those days. The kids had a blast! Almost as much fun as the grown-ups. :)

                                The "Kate Face" and the "Lyla Face". Ha! Are these two related???? :)
                     Jacey thought she was going to die on this ride. I'm proud to say she didn't.
                                                             So thankful for my sis!
                                                  There was a hot guy on the scrambler......
                                              He was so happy to be in that truck!
                          They were not impressed by this baby ride, but it made a cute pic. :)

My most favorite pic. Poor baby. I was torn between laughing hysterically and wanting to jump up there and get her down!
                          This last weekend we got to celebrate our niece Layla's first birthday!

Whew! What a summer! It's been so full of fun and people we love! 

1 comment:

Melody said...

Okay the plunger trumpets were my fave! Too funny!!! I laugh because I so relate. Girl we need crafty help. Looks like ya'll had a great summer - so glad you did!