* We spent the night with my Mom last weekend and helped her with a garage sale on Sat. morning. Y'all, I thought we were going to have a fight over a 25 cent broken robot. I was accepting a woman's quarter when another lady snatched it from her and informed her she had already chosen the robot and placed him with her things. Thankfully, the one lady just handed it over. It could've gotten ugly. I became sentimental over the dresser mirror that was in my room growing up. That mirror witnessed a lot of concerts performed by moi. I'm talking "I Will Always Love You", some Toni Braxton. "It's just another sad love song". Oh my, I am amazed the glass never shattered..........
* That day we also got to meet our niece, Layla! Our sister, Leah, is here from Italy with her sweet 7 month old and this was our first time meeting her! I actually was never able to get a pic of all the kids together so this is from a get together.
* Monday officially began our spring break, so this is what we were up to....
I wish I could tell you we completely scrubbed the house down and finished all of our spring cleaning in one day. But, the truth is everything we did is already undone and I've decided I'll just attempt the cleaning when everybody goes back to school. BTW, I gave my kids the option of going outside or helping me clean and they CHOSE cleaning. Where did these kids come from?
* Speaking of that, later that night we went to the park while we waited on supper to finish in the oven (I got ridiculously excited about being able to start supper before 7:00) and Eli couldn't leave until he ran a lap around the track. I had to ask Josh where he came from. We don't run unless somebody is chasing us. I decided it must be all of the Gatorade I drank when I was pregnant with him.
* Even later that night I was working on this Texas Sheet Cake and I realized I didn't have any powdered sugar. I went to Mr. Cheap Butts and they didn't have any either. I googled and read that I could put sugar in a blender and it would turn into powdered sugar. Brilliant. Did I tell you this cake calls for SIX cups of powdered sugar in the frosting????? I couldn't try it, but Josh just said, "It's really sweet." Ya think? :)
* Tuesday I got to go shopping with the other women in Josh's life, his Mama, Mammy and his sister. And of course, Layla! :) We went to Destin and they have an outdoor mall and the weather was perfect. Josh kept my kiddos and I have to tell you, walking in the sun, browsing through stores, enjoying good company. It was what the dr. ordered! After our last few months of quarantine and yucky weather, it was SO nice! I even found a shirt for Eli at Old Navy that was on sale for $.47. That is 47 cents, y'all. Josh told me that is one of the many things he loves about me. That I'm cheap. :) I'm not sure what the other things are. Maybe that I put 6 cups of sugar in my frosting?
* I got home that day just in time to get ready and head back for a reunion with the church family that Josh grew up with. There were so many babies!! I just love holding people's babies and then giving them back. :) Josh and I were talking about how old our kids are compared to everybody else's and I was saying we started a decade earlier than everybody else. We had to laugh because we are two of the biggest procrastinators ever. Look at the one thing we did NOT procrastinate about. :) I took the sugar coma cake and Josh had made some jambalaya and y'all, it was good but I was pretty sure I had smoke coming out of my ears!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to start breathing fire. We took a bunch of pictures and that was an adventure.
Oh my goodness, this pic cracks me up. I especially love that it looks like Kate's headband is on Josh's head. :)
* Today we met my Mom at the beach and it was so nice. I love meeting her at the beach because I can totally lay around and do nothing and know that my kids are being
photographed watched at all times. :) I couldn't believe the kids got in the water. I didn't find out for myself, but I know from past experience that March ocean temps are NOT warm. I don't do cold y'all. But the kids had the best time and talked Nana into wading in the water with them. My goal for the day was to no longer look like a cast member of Twilight. That was accomplished. I now look like one of the little piggies. I am BURNT. Feel free to lecture me now, but believe me, I'm suffering enough!!!!!!!!
* Today marks 2 years since we walked into Highland View Baptist Church and Josh preached his first sermon here. I cannot believe it has been 2 years. I feel that I should devote a whole blog post to such a big moment, but I still can't wrap my head around it. It made me think about this picture that I took on our first Sunday. I still remember taking it. I remember how new and fresh everything felt, from our house to the church to the fresh start in our lives. My babies have really grown up in 2 years.....
So have me and Josh!!!
That's what's been goin' on around here. What's new in your world?