Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Free For All

I'm getting ready for a movie date (on the couch) with my hubby, but he's running to get some refreshments from Mr. Cheap Butts, so I thought I would check in real quick lest you had decided that I had run away with the circus or moved to a leper colony. Both have crossed my mind, but I'm still here. :)

* We are still fighting off winter illnesses. I hope they are winter illnesses. I hope March equals NO MORE SICKNESS ever. I know, I have big dreams. I woke up last Monday with another stomach bug. Actually it was exactly like the one I had before so I've decided that apparently my immune system went on vacation without leaving notice. I was sicker with those two viruses than I was through 3 pregnancies if that tells you anything. And before you can even ask, NO, I am not! :) Today, Kate has pinkeye. Getting eye drops into a 4 year old's eyes (as of tonight it spread into the other eye as well....) is an Olympic sport of challenging proportions. I imagined a panel of judges watching Josh and I hold her down, coaxing and begging and pleading, and holding up signs with 2's and 3's. Maybe a 4 out of sympathy. 

* So a new man has come into my life. He's British. Let me tell y'all about this. Last week fliers went home with the kids about try-outs for the spring theater production I'm directing. Last time my phone number was not given out, only the organizations that I work with and it led to a lot of miscommunication. This time I said they could put my number on the flier and I figured nobody would really pay attention except the kids I had last time anyway.  Well, the very first day the flier went home, before my kids were even home from school, I got a call from a British guy telling me he was a professional actor who just moved to our area and wanted to meet other "thespians". I put that in quotes because I let Josh listen to the message he left and he started cracking up laughing and I knew that was the part he laughing at. Besides the fact that we don't typically use that term, I don't even pretend that I qualify as a "thespian". More like "the only person they could find in town who doesn't have a real job and could work weird hours with the children's theater." That's what it says in my job description. Okay, not really. Anyway, I decide, because I watch way too much Dateline ID that he is a serial killer who wants to murder me. In a public place. He mentioned meeting me in a public place. So, we have our first try-outs on Wednesday and he came! He turned out to actually be an incredibly nice guy who recently lost his wife and just wants to be a part of theater here. He also has the coolest accent and I could sit and listen to him all day. He tells the kids things like, "That audition was cracking." And it sounds so cool. It does not sound cool if I say it. Anyway, we had 30 kids (double the number from last time) try-out so I am thankful for the extra help. He will be able to teach the kids a lot.

* Tonight I washed my hair with baking soda and rinsed it with apple cider vinegar. I've been doing lots of reading about natural products as I have a lot of chemical sensitivities and I am really hoping I love this baking soda and apple cider vinegar thing. Because I will totally put the $20 I usually spend on shampoo/conditioner on new shoes. :)

Okay, this is the worst, most boring post ever. But my man is back with my trail mix and ready for a movie. I hope you all have a great weekend. Feel free to tell me what you are up to so there will be something interesting on this post.  :)

1 comment:

Melody said...

Awww...I've missed your humor in my blogging break! We've had the crud too around here - arg! Brittish boy.......I've watched too many datelines too becuase I want to say be careful as if I'm your mother. I'm old enough to be. Not really. Anyways, be careful - he could be faking the accent like I did for an entire week and convinced the whole cruise ship I was an English girl whose parents had the thickest of GA accents. There are scary people, like me, out in the world today. ha! I'm Kidding.