Wednesday, December 2, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is a Few of My Brain Cells Back

On the second day of December this blogger gives to you...more pictures. From 2007. And I seriously wondered why I had no pictures from 2008... Yes, those would be the pictures I showed you yesterday. After figuring out that this will be Christmas 2009 I then went and wished Happy Birthday to someone whose birthday is actually tomorrow. There just hasn't been enough caffeine for this day. Now that I am back on track with what day and year this is let's get on with this post.

It is only appropriate that I would be having memory lapses as I bring you this Christmas blast from the past, because although I have pictures I don't know that I have a single memory from that Christmas. Oh yeah, it just came back to me. We stayed up til 3:00 in the morning putting together a trampoline in freezing weather. And by putting it together I mean putting it together, realizing something was wrong, reputting it together, still not being right, reading the directions, and putting it back together again. In between my trampoline assembly duties I was inside putting Kate's bouncy seat together. And doing it wrong. And taking it apart. And reputting (I just made that word up today) it together again. And reading the directions. And waiting for Josh to finish the trampoline so he could fix what I did. Get the picture? After that marathon night of repeatedly saying "We will never do this again" we then got up, tore through half a million presents, loaded up the kids and headed to Panama City. You don't even want to know the condition I left my house in. Everything after that is a blur. But here are some pictures.I love that in this picture I am laughing hysterically while my child is crying his eyes out. What kind of mother am I ?!?! I also love that Kate is looking at me like, "I hope you can get it together soon!"
Eli was the age then that Kate is now. Where in the world does time go?

Our little Christmas present, Baby Kate.


My Sweet Baby


I got new luggage. I'm pretty sure I was asking Josh, "So, where do you want to run away to?" :)


Eli on his motorcycle, may it rest in pieces. I backed over it just a couple of weeks ago. Oops...


Any event with presents makes Sarah happy!!


This is where you will find the boys


I have no idea how we ever get home from Panama City without leaving a child behind. Well, you don't think we would leave the presents do you?!? :)

I can look back on that Christmas and see it as one we learned a lot from. Like, if you stay up all night Christmas Eve and then your kids (or your husband) wake you up at the crack of dawn it may not be the best thing to try and make a six hour trip on Christmas Day. And, maybe you should read the directions first. Or at least after the first 3 times you mess something up. Just some lessons learned. :)

How about you? Do you have any Christmas experiences you can laugh about now, but DO NOT want to relive?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Funny. I'd have to say the Christmas I spent in the ER with my first asthma attack - not fun (still not funny now, just wouldn't want to relive it) Also any Christmas we traveled from Andalusia to Meridian - I always got sick and it was a huge hassle (hence the fact that we only did it twice and my dad said "no more." ) I'm sure my Dad can relate to your trampoline story. As a matter of fact he told me the other day that he was so happy to not have to buy toys anymore. :)

Melody said...

Emily...your blog is so refreshing. I always get a great laugh out of your posts. Your blog is titled so appropriately and I love your mix of funny, lighthearted and yet profound. Keep it coming girl! I see book potential all over you.