Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thinking Happy Thoughts on Thursday

I almost titled this "What a Wednesday!" Thankfully, I realized it is not Wed. before I published it and you all said, "What a doofus!". But yeah, what a Wednesday! And a Tuesday! And a Monday! It's just been one of those weeks. Not so much a "I have tons of funny stories to tell" kind of week, but more of a "hanging out in pj's, eating pb&j sandwiches, hoping my kids don't beat the snot out of each other, wishing it was my birthday so I could ask for hormone cream" kind of week.


That said, I thought I should give you some updates. First, I feel horrible. Physically. Well, I felt horrible yesterday. Today I just feel blah. I also feel horrible because I have to confess to you that I went back to level 1 on the Shred. Oh, the shame. I just had to y'all. I have felt so weak and I figured it was better to do level 1 than no Shred at all (and that was totally my other option). So, I've done the Shred 22 days and I've lost six pounds. I'm supposed to lose 20 in 30 days. I have 8 days to bust it y'all. But just so you know, I'm taking my friend, Karen, out for her birthday this weekend and despite many hours of trying to come up with creative ideas of fun stuff for us to do, I think we will probably take a road trip and just eat at as many places as we can find. It's what we like to do. :) Please pray for my willpower and that I do not undo 22 days of the Shred, okay?


Secondly, Josh completely emptied the two cabinets in our kitchen that I have affectionately named "The Mousepad" except for some traps and my ziplock bags. I haven't seen another one. No more rice and cake icing for those boogers! I wish I could say that meant no more boogers at all, but that would just be too easy.


You see, for those of you who are not as well versed in rodent control as I myself am, once you put out poison they get thirsty. To quote a favorite children's book, "If you give a mouse some D-con, they will get thirsty. If they get thirsty, they will need water. They will start hanging out in your bathroom looking for water." Oh yeah. I will not start a debate about if it is worse to have mice in your kitchen or your bathroom. Personally, I could do without either. I will say, the bathroom is smaller. Let me tell you, I was in there the other night clipping my toenails. I had one foot up on the toilet seat and lo and behold a mouse came SHOOTING out of the bathtub and ran under my leg supporting me. Praise God it continued to support me and I did not collapse into the tub.


Then, last night I went to get a bath. Josh had already been in the bathroom for, let's just say, awhile :) so I felt secure that the bathroom was mouse free. I will warn you, this story may be more graphic than you are prepared for, but I don't think you will get the full effect unless you understand my predicament. I was completely undressed except for my "step ins" as my Mimi used to call them when once again, a mouse went shooting across the very small space of our bathroom. When it happened the other night the mouse had run straight into the linen closet. This particular night, the mouse freaked out as much as I did. Here I stood, more than half-neked, screaming at the top of my lungs. The mouse? He couldn't figure out what to do. He ran to one side, then the other, then back to the other side. I mean at least 15 times he just ran back and forth. I just kept screaming. I finally screamed "JJJJJOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" I then shut up long enough to hear him say, "I can't get in, it's locked!" Oh yeah. So, in my less than dignified state I timidly leapt to the door and unlocked it. As soon as I did the mouse went in the closet. There I stood, in all my glory, with no mouse. Josh gave me the "You have got to get it together" look and then Kate started crying. I don't know what woke her up. :) Does anybody else wonder why the mice only come out around me???????????????????????


All of that said, I thought you would get a kick out of this card the kids at church gave us. They don't even know about our "situation" and were just giving out cards randomly to the adults at church. When this was the card I received I started laughing hysterically and waving it in the air to show Josh. I'm glad I'm married to the preacher or I may have gotten kicked out of church for acting up in the back pew....


So, that has been my week, so far. Shredding, screaming, shopping (I'll tell you about that later) and separating (my kids have been ALL UP on each other's nerves and my own this week).
Today I am headed out to get ready for birthdays and baby showers. Wonder if anybody wants a pet mouse.............

1 comment:

Rachael. said...

oh my gosh you and your mice! I have some roaches and some sugar ants i could send you to feed them.... oh wait... then they will come back!

HM.... yeah the thirty day shred in my house i think is becoming the 30 day add on.... yikes!

Enjoy your time out!